Chapter Hundred and Three

"Vrishasena?" Lakshman called for his best friend from a distance, who was busy feeding hid horse, "Let's explore the woods? It'll be fun"

Vrishasena made a face, clearly not interested, "Nope, I am good here."

Lakshman gave him a flat look before shrugging and setting off to have a stroll around the woods that had been exciting him a lot ever since they arrived at Kurukshetra. Though his mother had warned him against it, but Lakshman being Lakshman let that warning slide.

He would have loved to roam around with Vrishasena but he didnt force him this time, as previous day was a very hectic one for all of them.

Yesterday Angraj Karn had showed up all bloodied up and wounded, nearly passing out before he was caught by Duryodhan and taken to the healers. No one could aid him and everybody was way too worried for him.

It was Rajmata Kunti who had arrived in their tent upon hearing about at the emergency and had called her sons Nakul and Sahadev to treat him as they were granted with celestial healing powers.

Angraj Karn's whole family hadnt left his side the whole day then. It was later known why he was in such a condition. He had donated his Kavach and Kundal to a brahmin, by slicing them off his flesh.

A lot of Kauravas were furious with this act, as they had always been so prideful of Angraj's invincible armour but it no longer was there with him clearly showing they had weakened a bit. But it was Duryodhan who had defied them saying he still believed in Angraj's valour which was not from a stupid armour but from within him.

Lakshman had gone and secretly given Vrishasena a hug who had been depressed all day due to his father's state and comforted him. Most people often believed the two to have inherited their father's legacy in friendship.

The whole day went in a lot of people arriving to check on Angraj Karn wishing him a better health and maybe not many people had noticed how Drishti had peered at the moon a little longer that night wishing for a star to fall so she could make a wish.

****

Lakshman roamed around in the forest enjoying the wilderness a lot, before arriving there he had heard from a lot of people that the woods near Kurukshetra were truly a sight to see. A lot of people who had arrived for the war had meandered through them with their families as well.

But now as the war was only two days to go, not many people were seen there. Lakshman spent a couple of hours alone strolling through the woods, enjoying the fresh fruits that had grown on the trees. The forests were not at all dangerous, as it was said a few tribal communities were believed to live in them.

After deciding to take a little break from his wandering, Lakshman settled in front of a small lake in the woods, a doe with her lamb drinking water from it on the other side while Lakshman lay under a huge Ashoka tree while was full of its red flowers. Lakshman smiled watching the soft sunlight pierce the through the canopy.