Invetation to Summer Prom

It was some days since I started my job at music store and Michaels started his practices with his uncle Henry. Like usually I woke up at 8, done my morning routine and made breakfast, of course I made for Michael to eat after he wakes up too.
Today Lucas was opening the store so I didn't had to be on time. I arrived at 10:11 and like I expected Lucas was already there unpacking a small delivery.
-Morning Lucas.
I said entering the store
-Morning.
He replied and I could hear in his voice sadness
-Are you okay?
I asked and he sighed
-I need advice, I don't know what to do.
-What's up?
I went to backstage to put my bag down and came back to him.
-Well, it's kinda private, but you're my best friend and I think you'll understand me.
I looked at him awaiting for him to tell me about his issue
-Yesterday when I came back home from work I heard my parents fighting and later they told me they're getting a divorce, do you know why?
-Why?
-Because my father is cheating on my mom with his young secretary! She's fucking 23!
I was shocked by what Lucas told me, his parents always seemed to be in happy marriage.
-Today he is moving out to his new apartment with his secretary. And I don't know what to do.
-Do you know when's going to be the hearing?
-September, at least I can choose who I want to live with.
-I'm sorry Lucas.
-None of this is your fault. Let's just continue unpacking. There was a delivery with new guitars, could you get them?
-Yeah.
We continued to unpack the delivery, but I couldn't stop thinking about what Lucas told me. It must be hard for him and his mother, after all Lucas is an only child, so his parents were kinda spoiling him. I hope he won't leave his mother for his fathers money, but no, he isn't ike that.
-So how are you and Mike doing?
-Oh, we are really good, at least my acting talent is that good that my parents think we're just friends.
-I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that Rylie.
-I'm sorry for myself too. Some days ago she came to me early to show me wedding cakes. I can't believe that parents make me do this.
-She's mean as fuck. Once when I was in the new shopping center I wanted to ask her where are the toilets, but she told me to scram and called me a dipshit.
-Not only rude, but also annoying  I wish I didn-
I wanted to finish, but I was interrupted by opening door
-Good morning.
Said lady
-Good morning.
We both said
-Noah, could you go serve ma'am, I still need to finish assemble the drums.
Lucas asked me and I agreed going to our customer.
-How can I help you ma'am?
-My niece is going to have birthday and I'm looking for a gift for her.
-What are you more looking for?
-My niece can play guitar and maybe I could get her an electric. She wanted one since like forever.
-Follow me then ma'am.
I told her and started to go to section with guitars. She asked which she could get for her niece as a first electric guitar, I started to show her which are the most popular as the first ones which are also not so expensive.
After about 20 minutes of looking for the perfect one she asked me about one of Cort and I started to tell her about details and I showed her how it sounds like. I noticed she had been looking at me so I asked her if everything's okay.
-Your guitar skills are amazing. How long do you play?
I was kinda surprised.
-About 12 years ma'am.
-Then why are you here?
-What do you mean?
-Shouldn't you have a band and starting getting famous.
I stayed silent for a while and it just made me sad.
-I actually was in band with Lucas, the other worker here you saw ma'am.
-Then why aren't you writing songs, on concerts and giving autographs?
-Well ma'am, it's actually something we don't really like to talk about. Our friend which was our singer was killed and some weeks after our bassist who had a crush on him committed suicide.
-Oh my, I'm so sorry for you, but why don't you just try again?
-We did, but nobody was as good as them.
-I see it makes you sad, let's stop talking about it. I would like to get that guitar.
I smiled a bit and started to pack the guitar and sounding. The lady had payed and I helped her putting all in her car.

The time pasted by and it was already 4:23 pm. I've been restocking vinyls and lucas was serving a customer when suddenly we heard the door fast open and I've seen Michael running to me and he hugged me.
-What's wrong?
-I'm going to have a summer prom in two weeks, but I don't know if I'll go.
-Why?
-You know why.
-Miki, find yourself a partner and go, it's summer, you should have fun. Don't think about others opinions.
-Well, then do you want to go with me?
-Wait, for real?
-Yeah.
-But what about my work?
-I heard your conversation, because I can and you can go.
Noel interrupted
-Go for some shopping it's only 30 minutes to close the store. And it's an order.
-Yes, boss.
I've went to get my bag and Mike took my hand and drag me out of a store.

We've been walking around shopping center looking for something for that prom for around 2 hours. Michael found a suit, but for me there wasn't anything interesting. When we got home Mike wanted to make dinner tonight, so I agreed and decided to look at suits. Actually I found one that would be good. Just dark blue jacket and beidge pants, so I guess we can call it a "suit".