73

Emily

With a loud, satisfied groan, he pulls out of me and falls back against the pillow next to me for the third time. Finally, I am able to breathe properly again as his weight is off my chest.

"Emily," he wheezes, "What the fuck? You're amazing. Fuck!"

"So are you," I gasp.

I rub my legs together to ease the throbbing pain down there.

"Are you ok?" he asks with sudden realisation, "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

I shake my head, "No, but I don't think I could go again."

"Neither can I, I am empty," he smirks.

He gives me a cheeky side glance, then leans over and kisses me on the cheek. I love how he can always make me blush on cue.

"And I'm starving, are you hungry?"

He leaps up to his feet and I can't help but stare at his manhood, dangling down between his strong legs.

"That's not on the menu I'm afraid," he jokes.

I cover my eyes with embarrassment, red as a tomato. He sniggers as he pulls some boxers and a t-shirt on.

"Should we order in or eat out?"

"Errrm..." I ponder, finally gaining the energy to sit up, "What time is it? Have you seen my phone?"

We both scramble around before Aiden finds it laying almost underneath his bed.

"Found it."

He hands it over to me and before I can check the time, I notice the countless calls and messages from my parents.

"What's wrong? What is it?" Aiden asks seeing the worried look on my face.

"It's my parents, they've been trying to reach me," I reply, a lump in my throat and my heart racing, "Something must be wrong."

"Shit, ok call them. I'll get us a drink or something."

He kisses my forehead and leaves the room.

I anxiously dial mum's number and as I wait for the click that follows the ringtone, I wipe the nervous sweat from my palm on my bare thigh.

"Emily," mum's voice suddenly comes on the other line, a mix of worry and anger, "Oh my goodness, you're alive!"

"Mum, what's wrong?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm with Gwen," I whisper nervously, almost choking on my own lie.

"Hmm..." her tone is surprisingly strict, "Ok, well we need you to come home now."

"I thought you knew I was sleeping over at..."

"Emily, did you hear what I just said? I said come home now!"

The harshness is not something I have ever experienced from my mum, and it scares me. Whatever it is, it's serious. I feel the panic rising in my chest.

"Ok, I'll come home."

"Don't waste time."

I open my mouth to speak but she has already hung up.

Right on time, Aiden walks through the door.

"Everything ok?"

"I don't know," I say feeling frazzled.

I stumble out of bed, not even able to stand on my feet properly. I frantically search for my clothes.

"What happened? You're leaving?"

"I have to go, my mum said she needs me to come home quickly."

"Oh, ok," he looks just as confused, "Let me help."

He helps me find my clothes and put them on.

"Did they say what happened?"

"No but it sounded serious."

"Should I go with you?"

"No, I don't think it's a good idea," I say brushing my hair into a ponytail with my hands.

"Ok, well, call me."

"I will."

As I rush down the stairs to the front door, he follows me.

"Wait!"

"I can't stop," I shake my head.

The anxiety and stress are making my body shake uncontrollably. I start to hyperventilate. He takes hold of my arms and holds me still. He brings me into him and cupping my face in his hands, he kisses my forehead. Immediately, my anxiety subsides.

"I can feel you stressing. Listen to me," he speaks into my forehead, "I'm going with you. It's late and dark and cold. I won't let them see me and I'll be nearby. If everything is alright just text me and I'll leave. But if things go to shit, I won't be far ok. Just say the word and I'm there."

"It's fine, you don't need to do that."

"Emily," he sighs with irritation, then forcing me to look into his eyes, he says softly, "I love you ok? Don't fucking forget that!"

"Ok," I nod.

He tugs at me to come closer and after a moment of hesitation, I allow myself to crash into him. My nerves are calm, and my heart slows. My worrying thoughts flee for that brief moment in his arms.

I don't know when and how it happened but for the first time I truly believe that Aiden is my safe place. When I am in his arms, nothing can and will ever hurt me.

Not even, what is possibly coming next.