23

Aiden

I can just about hear Emily's angelic voice over the music downstairs.

"Aiden? Are you ok?"

She could come up the stairs any minute. I have to go out and stop her. My heart is pounding out of my chest. If she sees this, she will be so hurt. The thought of it makes me sick with anger. I'm angry with myself for getting so carried away. For doing this to her. I've never felt so guilty in my life.

"Who's that?" Keeley asks, her arms still wrapped around me.

"No one. I need to go," I tell her as I drop her back onto her feet and quickly pull my boxers and jeans back up.

"Is that the little slut you've been playing with? Kitty told me about that," she scoffs, trying to stop me.

"Shut your fucking mouth," I growl quietly, pushing away from her.

I hear slow footsteps up the stairs. Shit!

"Why should I?"

"She's not a slut, unlike some people."

I eye her up and down.

"That's rich coming from you," she spits back at me.

I quickly take my phone and head for the door. But Keeley stands in the way. Her arms are spread across the door and this time, the sight of her boobs don't have any effect on me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Keeley, I swear, get out of the fucking way."

"You're ditching me for some dry little church girl? Really Aiden?"

"You got what you want, didn't you? Now fuck off."

She scoffs again and shakes her head.

"You're unbelievable."

"And you're in my way. Move."

I grab her wrist and yank her away from the door. I rush out and slam the door behind me just as she calls out to me.

"Asshole!"

I dash down the dimly lit stairs, bumping into Emily halfway. The force nearly sends her flying backwards but I catch her firmly by the waist. I pull her close to me.

"Shit, sorry, are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah," she replies, breathing quickly, "Are you?"

"Yep, why wouldn't I be?"

"You seem flustered. Kitty told me to come and check on you because you were sick in the bathroom?"

"Did she now?"

"Yeah. Is everything alright?"

She places a hand on my cheek, her eyes full of concern. I feel so bad that I can't look her in the eyes. I take her hand away.

"I'm fine."

I hear fumbling in the bathroom. Keeley is probably getting dressed to come back out.

"Come on, let's go."

I turn Emily 180 and lead her down the stairs quickly with a hand on the small of her back. The music grows louder with each step and in the bright hallway light, I can see Serumen at the foot of the stairs.

"Yo, what the fuck is wrong with your phone, I tried to tell you Emily was here," he whispers to me with gritted teeth.

"I didn't hear it."