42

Emily

Never have I ever been kicked out of a movie for getting fingered there and making horny noises.

In the unlikely case this comes up the next time we play a drinking game, I will be able to take a sip. Or not, if we are playing Kitty's version. Either way, this experience is definitely one for my journal.

I glance guiltily at Aiden who looks back at me like a reflection. We both burst into a fit of laughter.

"I'm sorry Emily," he says awkwardly for the fifth time.

"Don't be. It was fun," I smile at him.

"It's a shit film anyway but if you really want to see it, Luke can pirate it for you."

"Should you be saying this out loud?" I hush him, looking around the cinema lobby to make sure no one heard.

"Probably not. How much longer do we have to wait?" he complains.

"Can't be much longer," I assure him, "I think we were halfway through the film."

"You think so?" he asks with a smirk.

"Well, I mean, I don't know, I wasn't really...watching," I stutter, blushing.

"Me neither. I'd love to see the sequel of what we started in there though," he says, winking at me seductively.

Pretty soon there will be nothing left of me but a puddle.

With a knowing smile, I turn to answer him when his phone starts buzzing again. He fishes it out and on seeing the name on the screen, his demeanour flips 180.

"I have to take this," he says with a deepening frown and is out of the lobby before I can blink.

I shuffle to the glass doors and watch him outside, inaudibly shouting at someone on the phone. He seems livid and punches the wall a couple of times.

I wonder who it is on the receiving end of his rage. One of his friends? His sister?

The image of Melissa in the girls' toilets haunts me. I can keep secrets but this one is eating away at me. How can I not tell Aiden about what she is doing? If the roles were reversed, I would be extremely angry and disappointed with him for not telling me.

And what if she does hurt herself even if I don't say anything? I don't think I could carry that kind of guilt around with me.

Still, I don't want to be the reason she does do the extreme because she asked me not to tell and I did anyway. Maybe I can give Aiden a hint that would lead to him finding out. Technically, I wouldn't have told him.

Right?

He comes stomping back inside the lobby.

"Aiden I need to..."

"We have to go," he cuts me off, holding me by my arms and staring at me apologetically.

"What? Right now?"

"Yes, right now. Sorry."

"Why? What about Nicole and Brad? We can't just leave without them."

"We have to. I need to go somewhere urgently. But I want to make sure you get home safely. So, let's go."

"But I..."

"Don't fucking argue with me Emily. Let's go!"

Oh god no. Here comes the devil side.

"Aiden, don't swear at me."

"Then don't act like a fucking child."

"Really? I'm the one acting like a child right now?"