Chapter Thirty Eight | Secrets Heard

"God protect you from all the evil eyes

"God protect you from all the evil eyes." Kunti smiled at a beautiful Dushala dressed in her bridal clothes lovingly, while the other ladies stood there admiring how alluring Dushala looked today.

Today was the day the whole Hastinapur was waiting for. The one and only princess of the kingdom was getting married today and it was a big deal. The whole Hastinapur was adorned in its most beautiful look, every house, every lane having a different kind of shine and charm today. The amount of joy and happiness every citizen radiated was just colossal.

Then there was the royal palace. It looked heavenly. The most beautiful things that could be found in the whole universe. The dance, music, art everything was at its best. The whole castle was lighted up with beauty.

And then there was Drishti Sharma, the girl from future roaming around doing the necesary rituals right before the wedding in her shorts and loose t-shirt. She was actually the busiest soul in the whole palace. While the bride was readied, Drishti was busy performing all thr rituals she had to being the Vidhikari.

"Water!" Drishti jumped on her comfy bed and rolled dramatically after finishing her portion of work and asked for water being extremely thirsty. The maids tried to pull her up, saying she was getting late, but Drishti really needed a short power nap.

"They dont even have tea!" Drishti groaned in the pillows and just a second later she was as silent as an ocean. After the great struggle of pulling Drishti out of her mini coma, the maids started readying her.

Being the Vidhikari and also the bride's best friend, it was her major responsibility to look the second best.

"Oh my god!" Both the girls exclaimed on seeing each other dressed as their best. "You look beautiful."

Everyone laughed at how the best friends were saying the same thing at the same time. Drishti and Dushala hugged each other so long, not wanting to pull away because both knew from today everything will change, hopefully not their friendship.

Soon after that, Dushala's hundred and seven brothers came, including Yuyutsu and Karn to take her to the wedding hall and the wedding began. Drishti keenly kept an eye on all of them and she definitely caught Dushasan having tears in his eyes when he saw Dushala. She knew she was going to use that on him later.

The wedding began, the last thing Drishti cared about the whole wedding was the groom. At the whole marriage scene, the only thing that Drishti missed so much was a camera. She wanted to capture each and every moment but she couldnt. She pestered Krishna, if she could back to her world just for a minute and bring her phone but he said no.

"People are right, god doesnt listen to you always, no matter how pure hearted you are." Drishti said grumpily to him and he laughed.

Drishti stood beside Pitamah and Guru Dron who enlightened her of every wedding ritual and all she could think was doing everything with Karn, who stood at the far end talking to a very busy looking Duryodhan.