Loki having depression

Trigger warning: suicide thoughts and a lot of crying.

Loki was on laying on his bed in the dark, hair
matted all over. All he wanted was Odin's approval of him and y/n being together, but he said no. She was from Midgard and just an ordinary human, but it was ok for Thor to marry Jane. Thor...always the favourite and he always get what he wants. All I want is to marry y/n at least be with her/him if nothing else. Maybe I should end it all. I mean who's gonna miss me? Y/n, of course, but what if she/he thinks I'm a failure too and what if  they think I was  using them? Which I would never do I love her/him.

"Brother Loki, it's so dark in here...what troubles you?" Thor asks calmly while closing the door behind him. Loki was wrapped up in his blanket not saying anything. Thor sat down next to his legs ," Loki?" He whispered, putting his hand on his forehead.

"Don't touch me!" Loki shouted, rising up quickly.

Thor flinched, " Brother-"

"I'm not your brother. I never was," Loki ran one hand through his hair noticing he was sweating, that didn't matter ," you have it so easy you know."

Thor looked at him confused.

"You have friends and a wife." Loki held his tears," your loved by Odin and Mother more than me." Tears came down his cheek," your loved by earth and are an Avenger." He knew  Thor would say he was foolish for thinking this and just say it's madness, but Thor just sat there listening. "Maybe if I die everyone would be happier that I was gone." I whispered.

Thor frowned, " and how do you know? Hmm I love you even though where not blood brothers even so I love you no matter what and for one if you think killing yourself is the right answer your wrong..." Thor was pointing out," mother and y/n would be devastated without you here." Thor's eyes started to tear up just of thought of Loki doing that, but he knew he had to be strong for his brother.

"But it was ok for you to marry Jane and I couldn't marry y/n." Loki's eyes red now from crying.

"Let me tell you something father didn't approve of me and Jane at first, but did I listen to him." Thor chuckled," heh no." Thor put his hand on loki's shoulder and gave him a small smile," mother got onto him though when I went to marry her. " he chuckled," she said he can't stop someone from marrying the ones you love." He sighed and got up from the bed. "Loki you must go to y/n now and tell her/him how you feel... Who cares what father thinks it's about how you feel." He went to the curtains and opened them to let the bright sun in.

Loki crinkled his eyes holding a hand above his eyes, and threw his blanket over his head," that's an interesting story Thor, but father would probably have me thrown in a cell for disobeying him.. Plus that's my luck." He whispered.

Ignoring the comment, Thor came over to him and threw the blanket off of him. "You need a shower you smell of death in here." He said sincerely.

"Maybe a like the death smell." Loki said sarcastically, he knew Thor meant well. " I'm depressed Thor I don't feel like showering or eating. Most importantly I don't want y/n seeing me this way. "

"But y/n would want to see you." He pointed out." Come to Midgard with me and come see her/him. " Thor encouraged with a small smile.

Loki would not budge.

"Fine if you won't go to y/n  then I shall bring y/n here." Thor walked out of the room before Loki could protest.

Loki's just layed back down and looked at the ceiling,tears came down his face.

Thor knocked on y/n's door.

"Thor, isn't this a surprise." Y/n smiled opening the door. " To what do I owe the special visit?"

Thor looked sad, you could tell something was wrong usually he's cheerful.
"You need to come to Asgard with me." He took a small breath, " it's Loki he's very depressed."

"What why? What happened? Is he ok?"
You where panicking now.

"He's depressed, because father forbidden him from marrying you." Thor took a deep breath, I told him that father was like that with me."

"Bring me to him and you go talk to Odin's bitch ass." You closed the door and went with Thor.

Loki still staring at the ceiling. He didn't even bother to get the door when he heard knocking, or when he heard your voice.
He thought he was hearing things.

"Loki?" You opened the door to see him laying there. "Loki it's me y/n." You walked up to him and grabbed his hand.

He looked at you and sat up real quick hugging you and started to cry. He didn't like you seeing him like this.

You hugged him back running your hand through his hair. " Hey, I'm here." You calmly said stroking his hair still.

He buried his head into your neck.

"Loki? Thor told me what happened and he's having a stern talk to Odin." You sat on the bed with Loki still clinging onto you.

"I want to marry you y/n ,but he told me no...so maybe if I end myself he'll regret saying that to me." Loki then looked at you his eyes now red from tears and his nose was runny.

You sighed sadly, "you really think that would change his mind?" You got up and grabbed some tissue and sat back down wiping his nose, " your mother would be devastated without you." You threw the tissue in the bin, "no mother should have to burry their child. " You grabbed his hand and rubbed soothing circles around them." Especially Thor, he would be lost without you. " You paused for a brief second ," I would be lost without you."

Loki looked down at his lap and brought his hand away from you,he put them over his face and cried.

You knew nothing you say would make him feel better, you just had to be there for him.

Thor was having and argument with Odin ,"father Loki is having a mental breakdown because of you saying he can't marry y/n." Thor yelled.

Odin scoffed," I only did that for y/n's protection." 

"Protection from what?" Thor knew the answer, "from Loki." Thor laughed sarcastically shaking his head.

"Yes, he's the god of lies and might break y/n's heart."

"He will not he loves her/him with all his heart. If you can't see that then I guess you really are a shitty father." Thor walked off.

Odin just closed his eye

Frigga walked in, "Odin he's your son and you should be supportive of him. He loves y/n and you need to see that."

Odin sighed ," I know he does, but if he so as much hurt them in anyway it's punishment for him."

Frigga rolled her eyes, "there would be no such thing...now go tell him it's ok for him to go and marry them." Frigga demanded.

"Ugh....fine." Odin got up and walked to Loki's room.

Loki was holding onto y/n crying as Thor was on the bed next to them. "Loki?" Odin walked in. You felt Loki tense under you at the sound of Odin's voice. " I give you permission marry y/n." Odin walked away.

"You hear that Loki, you and y/n can get married now." Thor said excited. Patting his back.

You smiled

Loki still was clinging to you.

"I still don't believe him. He might be lying to me and it could be a trap. "

You looked at Thor with sadness in your eyes. It'll probably take him a while to know his father was telling the truth, but you could wait. All you needed now was to be with him through his depression. He did move in with you, but he was still scared that Odin will get him and bring him back and beat him.

You just listened to him crying and comforted him when he was thinking suicidal thoughts. For now the wedding can wait. Your mind is focused on Loki right now.

An: hey sorry haven't updated in a while been busy, but hope everyone likes this. If you want pt2 of this then I'll make one where they do get married also will try to publish pt3 of Loki not himself.