☆31☆

"Jake, please. Answer the door." Sunghoon pleads from outside Jake's apartment. "I'm here to help." He tries.

He's been outside for almost an hour now, ever since he left a while ago to try again just like the past 3 days. The food he bought for breakfast and lunch were out there too, now he has another plastic bag for dinner. Sunghoon knows Jake gets them at midnight.

Though, he is not sure if his boyfriend is simply avoiding him or he does it out of worry that Sunghoon would be concerned of his eating habits caused by Ms. Gonzales.

Her funeral was exactly three days ago. Jake attended with him but left earlier. Out of courtesy, he respected his decision; perhaps he needs space after grieving. What Sunghoon didn't know is how large the effect of her passing would impact Jake.

Sunghoon is indeed feeling concerned about this. Every other hour for three days, he have come in and checked if Jake is ready to talk again. To talk to him.

But he got no choice. Being in a relationship, respect and patience should be considered, although communication is needed too. For the seventh time this day, Sunghoon heaves a sigh. He again goes back down and retreats to his car to where he has been waiting and making sure nothing bad should happen, if there ever is, at least he is close enough.

Sunghoon got there at 8 am in the morning and it's been 12 hours. Leaning his head on the car's headrest, he yawns. Outside, people are retrieving back to their homes from their errands to rest. Unfortunately, Sunghoon hadn't got a proper one for 3 days, anxiously thinking that Jake hasn't been having that too.

Jake is always persistent and some might say enigmatic. There would be times where he is quiet and refuses not to talk but also times where he gets too excited and over narrates things. Like their first meet, he was angry when Sunghoon spilled the coffee but later that same day, he was smiling to him and his colleagues, even telling them how he got his position and his life story- simply to let them know that hard work is the key.

He must admit, Jake is a bit hard to work with. He was always grumpy at work then turns the opposite outside work, when it was just the two of them.

Jake would sometimes challenge him to a fight about small things; like when they argued about cats and dogs. Sunghoon laughed at this. They both agreed on dogs being the best pet but Jake insisted that he chose dogs because he was trying to side with him.

Maybe that is why they make a good pair. Some people might not know what really is going on Jake's mind, and so does Sunghoon but somehow he figures it out in a way of understanding his boyfriend's inner side. His personality.

Sunghoon got Jake all read out. His keen observation got him a partner and he's happy with it. A text got him to rise from his car seat.

Boss💟

Why are you stalking me?

You

I'm not. Just checking up on you 😉

Boss💟

You look creepy there, u know?

You

How so?

Boss💟

I hate u

You

Aww, I love u too

Boss💟

I bet u do.

You

So... r u going to come out and talk to me now?

Boss💟

Not yet, please

You

Ok. I'll wait

Boss💟

There?

You

Yeah..

Boss💟

I'll let u in soon, I promise.

Sunghoon nods to himself. Anyhow, Jake updated him. He understands.

. . .

"What?" Sunghoon muses. He's back at training and is currently on break. His bestfriend decided it was the best time to tell him this. "Jay, since when was this?" He asks, closing his locker.

"It was just two weeks ago."

"Oh? I thought it's been a while you and Jungwon are in a relationship."

"What do you mean?"

"Try asking the others, they'd tell you." Sunghoon nudges Jay's shoulder as they walk their way towards the cafeteria. "Well, why hadn't you told us when we we're at Heeseung hyung's?"

"We we're planning to, but we fell asleep and then Jake received the news that Ms. Gonzales had passed away. We figured I it would be a bit inappropriate to announce at a time where one of our friends is grieving, you know?" Jay answers.

"Very reasonable. I'm sure the others weren't that shocked too. We just pretended you were already a couple, I'm sure Jake would have the same reaction."

"How is he by the way?" Jay looks at Sunghoon. It must have been hard wanting to talk to someone you love yet they don't. He notices his friend's mood change, a gloomy one.

"He hasn't come out of his apartment, still. I know he eats though, I hope." There's some hesitation on his voice, but a bit more disappointment- probably because he feels guilty about not making sure your partner is doing fine.

"I heard Ni-ki and Sunoo is planning to visit him, try to talk to him." Jay assures.

"Yeah? When?"

"The weekends."

"Oh, I'll go again later and try."

. . .

"Jake?" Sunghoon asks through the door. He waves at the camera, if his boyfriend is checking it right now. "I brought dinner." He says. There was no answer. "It's been a week now, you know? The office is looking for you, even your colleagues. They're concerned about you."

I'm concerned about you. He thinks to himself. "Can I talk to you now?" Sunghoon waits for a minute. He leans his head over the door, heaving another sigh.

"Please." He whispers. It was more of a word for him but mutters it, for his boyfriend.

It went like that for a full hour. Sunghoon talking to comfort Jake on the other side, hoping that he is there listening, understanding too.

"I will visit again tomorrow." He finally says, straightening his head and fixing his posture.

Sunghoon was out of himself that he didn't notice or heard the rain coming. He stopped by the entrance of the apartment complex, staring outside. The gray clouds covered the sky completely, pouring raindrops to every pavement. The moon is nowhere to be found.

His car is parked on the other street since there was no parking space. With the time being late already and a training awaiting tomorrow, Sunghoon took the risk and walked from there to his car; he liked the rain.

Immediately, his clothes are soaked with rain water. With a final look, he turned his eyes to Jake's apartment; there, he saw his boyfriend staring back. Sunghoon looked back down and to where he is walking, seemingly avoiding his stare.

And here he thought, he knew Jake already. He was confident that he will be out his apartment ready to talk to him within those three days, he was wrong. Completely wrong.

The feeling of rain dropping onto him wasn't even cutting it. Sunghoon felt his heart pang, he was hurt.

. . .

Jake watched Sunghoon plunge through the heavy rain. For a second he wanted to let him back in. Every time Sunghoon visited, Jake always sat leaning against the door- listening to every word he says, understanding.