☆5☆

Jay watches as almost everyone leave, turning off computers and fixing paper stacks then wearing their coats as everyone exit the premises with a tired but satisfacted smile on their faces. Although he also wanted to leave just like them, he just can't bring himself to it because he still have loads of paperwork.

Other staff members who were in the night shift then started to enter the center to take over the others who just left. With atleast 70 space crafts sent by NASA on the year 2021, it was a sole reason for employees of the company to work 24/7, still the center allowed them to take shifts so they could atleast rest and not got too sleepy while on work.

He saw a glimpse of how the sun descended from the sky, contrasting with the sea on the west side of the property; the glowing sun, a crisp circle, illuminated a quivering path on the ocean, the beautiful hue of orange and yellow bathed the meek waves and thin clouds.

"Hyung!" His reminiscence of the sunset was chimed in by Jungwon, waving his hand with excitement of going home as he stand nearby the door. The younger started walking towards to Jay when he realized that the latter was still on his desk, looking like he wasn't going to leave anytime soon. With the stacked up papers that wasn't signed yet and the exhausted look Jay was showing, the younger turned worried. "Hyung, our shift is about to end, actually it has already ended. It's the night shift staff's turn."

"You can go home already, it would take me a while to finish these." Jay looks at the papers beside him and sighs.

"What? Can't the substitute do that? That's how exchange shifts are supposed to be right?" Jungwon asks, tilting his head.

"Yeah, but I told him he could rest and that I wouldn't tell the boss. It's okay." Jay reassures.

"What? Isn't that unfair for your side?"

"No I'm fine with it actually. Just felt like I didn't accomplish much this week so I decided to take the slack off of my friend."

Jungwon thinks about what the older just said because he clearly just saw how Jay had to fly to the other side of the world so he could recruit astronauts and come back right after he did business with the other company, just so he could do the requirements and not burden his co-workers.

"Hyung, are you sure about that?" He sounded skeptical as he saw the dark circles around the older's eyes, Jay's eyes starting to feel heavy seeing how he was trying to keep his eyes focused on the screen.

"Yes, I am." Jay looks at him with assurance.

"Okay..." Jungwon replies as he bites his lower lip, slowly walking away from the older going straight to the exit. Meanwhile, Jay watches as the younger leaves and with a final heave of a sigh he went back to working.

Jungwon goes out of the cab he rode back to the city, after giving his payment to the driver he quickly gets out of the car, happy that he doesn't have to keep up with the talktative driver. Sure he was kind and made sure the awkwardness of the silence in the car wouldn't make him feel a bit wierd, it was just too uncomfortable for him since he had to build phrases and answers on his head as he listens to the driver's stories about him being part of the World War 2.

The old man told him about not eating anything except for a tiny cup of coffee and a small portion of bread they all had to share. About how he literally saw his bones as he covers his eyes with his hand, sitting on a ship while they send nuclear bombs to Japan– Ironically, since he had friends who came from that country. And about how he had to worry about his life as he send bullets through the other soldiers with his rifle, and many more things Jungwon took note of.