30.

Anaya.

"What the hell?!" I repeat for the millionth time. I was still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that my brother that I'd assumed was lost was right here, a few feet from where I was sleeping and waking, being tortured.

I had helped my brother after they undid the silver chains they had kept him bound with. He had struggled to walk and rested all his weight on me which almost collapsed me but I didn't mind. Alex had offered to help but he was mad if he thought I was going to let him lay his hands on my brother after everything he had already done to him.

I'd helped him to the little pack clinic where I met the old doctor who had treated me when I was the one injured. From there, I'd let the doctor and his assistants take over, transferring Tim to a bed and beginning treatment.

I caught the Doctor sneaking suspicious glances at my ribs as though he expected them to start leaking blood or something. He still didn't understand why I had healed so quickly. Lycan Royals have a much higher recovery rate than all other werewolves. But Alex's pack members didn't know that I had royal blood so the doctor was still confused.

"Is he going to be okay?" I ask him anxiously.

"He should be. He just needs to rest a lot and eat well. He is extremely dehydrated and malnourished."

I turn to glare at Alex again who at least has the decency to look abashed.

I go to sit by Tim's bed. The clinic is open plan just a long room with rows of beds on each side.

The doctor injected him with a sedative so he's asleep. Even in his sleep state, he looks tired. The bags beneath his eyes could pass for travelling bags and his face is covered with bruises in different stages of healing.

I smooth his hair away from his face. It's long and filthy and I make a mental note to come back and try to clean him up a bit.

I hear Alex come closer, "Would you like to come home and rest a bit?"

I scoff and ignore him.

He reaches out and touches my arm and I swat his hand away, "Don't touch me."

He lets out a sound of frustration, "Anaya, you can't be serious. I didn't know he was your brother. I didn't even know you had a brother. Immediately I found out and connected the dots, I realised the mistake I had made!"

I get up and drag him outside. I didn't need all this noise around my brother.

"It doesn't matter that you didn't know he was my brother. The fact that would treat another human being like that is despicable. How long were you planning to leave him down there? Months? Years? Until he died? It's evil, Alex."

"Then you say you didn't know he was my brother, but you knew he was somebody I knew. You knew he was part of my raiding group. So you knew I knew him and he was possibly my friend and you were still treating him like that."

"Anaya-"

"Just... Just stay away from me. When Alex is strong enough, we're leaving. Our little act is over. Mate with Selene or don't mate with her. It's none of my business, I'm done."

I could see the exact moment when he closed himself up. When he became the Alex I had met when I first got here. He had changed around me in the last few weeks but right at the moment, he was putting all his defences back up.

He nodded once without saying anything then turned and walked away from me. Wiping away the stupid tears that had decided to sneak out of my eyes, I went back into the clinic to my brother's side.

The sun was setting when I woke up. I had no idea I had even fallen asleep. Somebody had put the lights in the clinic on and I blinked a few times to adjust to the sudden brightness.

I looked at my brother to find him already looking at me, "Tim!"

He smiled, "You looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to wake you."

"How do you feel?"

"Actually, It's surprising. I don't feel that bad." he turned serious, "What happened, Anaya? How did you find me?"

"I should have found you sooner if I had done things properly. But Alex heard me mention you and that's when he realised you were the one in the bunker."

"Alex?" Tim frowned.

That's when I realised that the last time Tim saw me was before the raid so he has no idea what has been happening since then.

I struggled internally with where to start from until the words burst from my mouth, "Tim, Dad's dead and mum is alive."

"What are you talking about?"

So I began. I told him how the raid had gone wrong but I had found my mate. How dad couldn't survive his injuries and had died. I told him what Bolik had done and how I had escaped and decided to look for him. My capture, Alex's and I's deal. How I had found our mother, what she had said. Everything.

When I was done, Tim didn't speak. I think he was too shocked to speak.

When he eventually started wrapping his head around things, his brow was creased, "How long was I gone for? How did so much happen? How did you handle everything? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but it's all really crazy right?"

"You can say that again."

The doctor came in to check up on Tim. He drew blood for a few tests and when he came back with the results, his eyes were wide.

"I don't know how this is possible but your brother is almost completely healed. It's safe to say that he will be back to normal by morning."

When the doctor left, I turned back to Tim, "So, how do you feel about leaving tomorrow?"

"Are you sure, Anaya?"

"Definitely."

"Then okay, we'll leave tomorrow."