34.

UNKNOWN POV

That bitch. That fucking bitch. 

It’s the only thing running through my head as I make my way home. 

It was supposed to be a simple transaction. Transaction because we were not thieves, we were businessmen. 

Give us everything you have, and you get to keep your life.

It’s a no-brainer, right?

We didn’t accept bargaining.

So, it was a supposed to be a simple transaction. Two helpless, defenceless pups, one with bling on her wrist. 

Except these pups weren’t as defenceless as they seemed, they actually knew how to fight. I was hidden and watching them and I still don’t know how they managed to take down all my team members. 

But that bitch got what she deserved. It made me breathe easier knowing that she’s dead.

I get to the little shack I live in and I wash up first because I hate the feel of someone else’s blood on me. 

I examine the little bracelet in disgust. I lose all my teammates and this is the only thing I get? I mean sure, we weren’t friends but she had done quite a few successful transactions together, their lives had to worth more than this. 

I toss the bracelet down and pick up my phone. I call the only person I know who can buy it from me for the closest thing to a reasonable price. 

I was eating some stale bread with some three-day-old meat when he finally arrived. I knew it was him before I even opened the door. He never knocked like a normal person. 

“Bolik,” I greeted. 

“What do you have?” he never greeted. 

“A bracelet, shiny.”

He rolled his eyes, “Let’s see.”

I brought out the bracelet and handed it to him. I’m a people-watcher, you can tell a lot from even the slightest twitch of somebody’s mouth. 

Bolik’s eyes widened when I gave him the bracelet. I smiled, I knew I’d hit the jackpot.

“Where did you get this?” he sounded shocked.

“Off some pup in the woods somewhere.”

“What did she look like?”

“I don’t know, dark hair..”

“What woods?”

“I don’t know man, near the Darkhide Hounds or something, are you going to pay me or what?”

That’s when he remembered what he was here for, “Yeah 150.”

I knew this bracelet meant something to him, “You must be kidding, 500.”

“For a bracelet? Are you mad?”

“500 or give me back my shit and I’ll find somebody else who will buy it.”

He grumbled and pulled out the money. Shit this thing actually meant a lot to him. I should have asked for more. 

I counted the money because you can never be too sure with rogues and smiled when I saw that it was complete, “Nice doing business with you.”

He didn’t answer me but started leaving, still looking at the bracelet, 

“I’ve found you.” I thought I heard him mutter.

“You know if you’re planning to go and look for the girl, don’t bother, she’s dead.”

But the creep only smiled at me, “Bye.”

I looked at my bread and meat and felt disgusted. I shrugged on my jacket. I got mula, time to get some real food. 

So! Bolik is back! Did you forget about him? I hope you didn’t. Are we going to see him again? Maybe. Wink.