11.

Anaya.

It doesn't stun me as much as it should when I feel the sting on my cheek.

The guard in front of me is red from anger.

They'd been acting weird- weirder- since Alex had left and they'd come back into the room and seen the mark he put on me.

Weirder in that they weren't pretending completely that I wasn't in the room. They kept darting glances at me, at the mark on my neck.

Then they would look at each other and their eyes would go cloudy meaning they were mind-linking each other.

"Trust me, I don't want this mark as much as you don't want me to have it," I rolled my eyes.

It was obvious it was the reason for their change in behaviour. I was a Rogue, it was alright when I was locked up in chains, it was what I deserved.

But that I was their Alpha's mate, their potential Luna and he marked me, it was too much for them.

"Kevin!" The other guard shouted as the guard apparently named Kevin made his way to me.

Kevin didn't stop though, he got to me and pulled his hand back, slapping my face with so much force that my head whipped to the side and hit the wall.

"A filthy rogue, you should be grateful that you bear his mark," he spat at me.

"Kevin!" the other guard came to grab him and take him back to his post, whispering furiously at him.

I don't know why I said it, maybe because it was fun finally getting a reaction out of them, I don't know, "What? It upsets you that a quote 'filthy rogue' is your Luna?"

He immediately pulled himself out of his friend's grasp and made his way back to me. He connected his boot with my side, knocking the breath out of me.

That was going to leave a very nasty bruise.

He grabbed my hair, pulling my head back to look at him, "You will never be my Luna."

Using my hair, he slammed my head on the wall, a splitting headache starting immediately.

His friend was just pulling him away again when the door to the room flew open with a loud bang.

Alex entered the room, furious. He surveyed the scene, his eyes flying in quick succession from the guard, to Kevin who still had my hair in his hand, then finally to lil ol' me, chained to the wall.

He growled making a beeline for Kevin who dropped my hair like it was burning him. Alex was half shifted when he got to Kevin, his claws and fangs extended.

Without stopping, he swiped his claws at Kevin's neck, making blood gush out and then made his way to me.

He knelt, examining me, returning to being fully human, "Where did he hurt you?"

"It's okay, I'm fine," I couldn't help but wince. My side where Kevin had kicked me really hurt.

Alex's eyes darkened again and he looked back at Kevin who after choking on his blood, now lay lifeless on the ground.

"Keys," he growled at the other guard whose hand shook and jangled the keys as he handed them over.

Alex unlocked the chains and gathered me into his arms, stomping out of the room.

"I can walk," I protested but he ignored me.

Neither of us spoke again as he climbed out of the bunker. I shut my eyes as we got outside,, the sudden sunlight too harsh on my irised that had been underground for goddess knows how many days.

We didn't walk for long before the shadow of a building fell over us. I opened my eyes and realised we'd gotten to a house. I recognised it as his from the night we'd come to raid.

It looked a lot different during the day although admittedly, I was looking at it from my horizontal position in the arms of its owner.

I hated how comfortable I felt in his arms and how much it took to not complain when he finally lay me down gently on a bed.

Somebody knocked at the front door and Alex left the room to answer. He returned with a man who I presumed to be a doctor from the white coat he was wearing.

He approached me cautiously as if he expected me to leap out of the bed and attack him at any moment while Alex went to stand in the corner of the room.

"Good afternoon," his voice was deep, "Can you tell me where hurts?"

He spoke kindly, surprising me enough for me to reluctantly answer, "My side and my head."

He reached out to assess my side but stopped short when he realised I was wearing just the short black dress. He would need to lift it completely to be able to reach my side.

He shot a look at Alex.

"Don't touch her," he said and left the room.

The wait for him to return was awkward. The doctor refused to meet my eye or come anywhere near me and I stared blankly at the ceiling.

I was glad, for once, when the door opened and Alex reappeared holding some clothes.

"I'll wait outside," the doctor said and scurried out.

Alex handed the clothes to me, "Change."

I took the clothes for him and sat up which was a mistake because the pain in my head became a lot worse and everything went dark for a second.

When the room reappeared in my focus, I looked at Alex who was staring at me and raised an eyebrow. Mate or not, I wasn't changing in front of a stranger.

"Really?" He asked.

I didn't back down and he huffed and turned around.

I sighed figuring this was the best I would get. He would never agree to leave the room.

The clothes were sweatpants and a t-shirt.

His clothes.

The pants were easy enough to pull on but I struggled with the removing the dress, wincing and biting my lip when I was taking it off my side.

Finally, it was over my head and I put the t-shirt on, his scent immediately enveloped me.

I didn't hate it.

"I'm done," I said as I lay back down, tired from the little exercise.

He turned around and took me in and I could see he Adam's apple bob before he nodded and got the doctor back in the room.

The doctor worked fast, assessing my injuries. He said I had a slight concussion, and bruised ribs.

He gave me some medicine for the headache and some painkillers for the pain on my side.

"You'll have to keep this on," he said, pressing an ice pack on my side, "Also, alternate between hot and cold packs."

I don't know who he was talking to because he was looking at me but I couldn't possibly be the one changing the packs and it would probably be a cold day in hell before the Alpha tends to the rogue.

"How long will it take to heal?" I needed to know how much longer until I could get out of here.

"Well, with complete rest and the only movements being assisted and the farthest being the bathroom, you should be able to return to your normal activities in about 4 weeks."

Shit.

"Also, because you have to rest completely, you will also need somebody to look after you an-"

Alex cut him off, "I'll do it."

Well damn, hell chose today to freeze over.

Double shit.