8.

Alex.

I didn't tell anybody that one of the escaped rogues was my mate. How the hell was I supposed to start that conversation?

Instead, I'd spent 24 hours in my study trying to sulking and trying to calm myself down.

She was a Rogue. How was this supposed to work?

First, I had no idea where to even start looking for her; she could have come from literally anywhere.

Secondly, even if I found her, how was I supposed to take a rogue as my mate?

I was thinking about just forgetting I ever met her and finally agreeing to one of those arranged matings my mother had been not-so-subtly hinting about when I was having trouble finding my mate.

I was a Lycan Alpha, there were many girls mated or not, willing to become my mate, I could easily pick one of them.

My wolf got very angry when I had that thought. In his view, the girl is our mate, point-blank. He doesn't get pack customs and traditions or why a rogue will never be accepted as Luna.

Somebody knocked at my door but I ignored it. I'd given strict instructions that I was not to be disturbed.

"Alpha, there's some business we need your attention for," the person said.

"Send Luke. I asked not to be disturbed," Luke was my Beta he could very capably handle whatever it was.

I returned to my pondering.

Even just 24 hours after finding her and then being apart from her was taking a toll on me. My wolf kept whining and pacing. If I decided to mate with somebody else, it would take a very long time before he would forgive me and before I would forget about her.

I sighed, I should probably make some attempt at looking for her. I wouldn't tell people that it was my mate I was searching for, I'd just say we were searching for the Rogues that got away.

The boy we'd captured last night could help. He'd remained mute about the whereabouts of his accomplices but I'm sure we could get a little creative about getting answers out of him. I smiled, it's been a while since I've had fun.

After finding her, I could then make any further decisions.

Somebody knocked at my door again.

"I said GET LUKE!" I was going to rip somebody's head off if these people didn't learn how to obey the simplest of instructions.

"It's me," Luke said before opening the door and walking in.

He was the only one who would dare come to me when I'm in this mood. He was the only one that had a chance at surviving.

"What is it?"

"The guards caught a trespasser on our territory last night. You should probably come and check it out."

What the hell was with these wolves thinking they could just waltz onto my pack land all of a sudden?! "Deal with it."

"I've been there. I really think you should see this, Alex."

I wasn't ready to leave my study but I knew if Luke said it was important, then it really was, "Let's go."

He led the way to the bunker that we use as a prison for our more dangerous prisoners. It was a little way behind my house and underground. We often found that prisoners were more willing to talk when there was no hint of sunlight.

We went down and passed the first cell and stopped out side the second.

Luke stepped back, "I'll wait out here."

I frowned, why was he behaving so weirdly? I hit the door and the guards inside opened it.

The scent hit me like a boulder. It couldn't be.

I walked in to find the main character of my thoughts for the last 24 hours chained to the wall in the skimpiest dress I've ever seen.

Gulp.

I walked closer and studied her while she did the same to me. She had black hair and dark eyes, boring features. She wasn't exceptionally pretty but not ugly either.

Very basic.

"Do all you Lycans not know it's impolite to just stare at people without speaking like that?" Her voice was a bit hoarse from not speaking for a while but it was strong.

I'd have expected her to be even a little bit afraid.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure it's very polite to go onto an Alpha's territory without his permission." I growled.

And then I saw it, the tiniest bit of fear in her eyes before she covered it up again. It was admirable, I'd give her that, that she still had a smart mouth when she was obviously scared.

"What's your name?"

He eyes narrowed at me but she answered, "Anaya."

It was a nice name.

"Alex."

We were quiet for a few seconds until her scent was becoming too intoxicating for me to think straight.

I shot her one last look before leaving the room. Luke was still waiting outside, looking very pleased with himself.

He was the only one I'd told about the girl being my mate the night before.

"So?" He asked.

"Fuck off."

I went back to my study, fuming although I had no idea why I was angry.

I had planned to go and look for the girl hadn't I? And now, I'd been saved the trouble and she'd come to me. So why was I upset?

I was upset because she was in my space, making it hard for me to think. I was upset because I'd only known her for 24 hours and she was already altering the balance of my life.

I was upset because now I was being forced to make a choice.

I'm usually a very decisive man, it comes with the job. You can't be an Alpha, much less a Lycan Alpha of one of the biggest packs around, without knowing how to make tough decisions.

The decision was very easy to my wolf. In fact, there were no other options in his point of view. We'd found our mate, we should have pups by next Christmas.

If I decided to reject her, how would she take it? She obviously wanted me otherwise why would she have returned? Like I said, very few girls would pass on a chance to be a Lycan Luna much less when it's actually your fate.

But it was what needed to be done.

I can't have a Rogue for a Luna.