13.

Anaya.

I had known it was too good to be true when Alex had offered to take care of me but you know, I had hoped. Hoped that maybe he wasn't like the rest of the big-headed, egotistical Alphas out there.

I had been wrong.

So, as I lay on the bed that night, holding in the pee I'd been holding for hours already and would have to hold till morning, I cursed him. All the more reason to get out of here as soon as possible, really.

Then morning had come and I had waited for him to show up until it was either drag myself to the bathroom that adjoined the room, or pee on myself in the bed.

Grimacing as the pain from my ribs hit me full force again as I stood up, I made my way to the bathroom slowly. Except that wasn't working.

My pressed bladder combined with the psychological effect of being near a bathroom when you want to pee made me feel like the pee was going to burst out of me right there on the marble floor in the middle of the room.

The horror that that could actually happen propelled me forward but it was too fast in the baggy sweatpants I was wearing and I lost my balance and fell, knocking a plastic vase off the table and onto the floor.

I was burning with shame when Alex appeared. All while he was around, I kept trying to get up , not wanting his help, but at the same time wanting it because I really needed to get to the bathroom.

Then he left. With me still on the cold floor.

The bastard.

Finally getting to the bathroom and getting my business done, I contemplate having a bath because honestly, I stink.

The last time I'd bathed was on the morning of my father's funeral, days ago. I eyed the shower, biting my lip and wondering if it would affect my ribs in any way. Deciding a quick one wouldn't hurt, I strip and get in.

The hot water feels lovely on my skin and I never want to get out. But my chest pain from the ribs is getting worse so I reluctantly turn the water off. It's until I'm dripping onto the floor that I realise there's no towel.

Deciding to check in the wardrobe in the room, I pick up the clothes I had taken off and leave the bathroom.

I'm concentrating so much on not slipping and falling that I don't see the person standing in my room until I hear a gasp.

I whirl around to find a guy staring at me with his mouth wide open.

"What the hell!" I automatically bring up the clothes I'm holding and try to shield my naked body.

That seems to kick him into action and he turns around, facing away from me, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

"Who the hell are you?" I start pulling on the clothes, not minding that there are still beads of water rolling down my body.

"I'm sorry!"

"I got that. I said who are you?"

"Alpha said to come and help you up. I got here and was looking for you, and then you walked out. That's all, I swear," he rushed out, the poor kid could piss himself.

But Alex had sent someone to help me up? Interesting.

I put the shirt on and tightened the strings of the pants, "Okay, turn around."

He did so slowly as if fearing I might still be naked. When he confirmed that I was decent, he relaxed and faced me fully.

"I'm Jared," he smiled, revealing a dimple. The boy was too cute.

"Anaya," I started heading to the bed. I had put too much pressure on my ribs and my chest was really hurting now.

Seeing I was struggling, he rushed over and supported me, guiding me to the bed. It was weird having somebody be so nice to me. It made me uncomfortable.

He did know I was a Rogue right?

"Well I have to get back to work now," he paused, scratching his head nervously, "Could you not tell the Alpha what happened?"

I wouldn't talk to Alex at all if it were up to me, trust me, "Don't worry, I won't."

He smiled again and thanked me before leaving.
"Actually," I called out, "Do you mind getting me some books?"

"Books?" he frowned.

"Yeah, novels. Anything really. I'll run mad if I have nothing to do while I'm confined to this bed."

"Sure," he nodded and left returning a few minutes later with a book.

"Sorry, this is the only one I could find. The rest are kept in the Alpha's library."

I thanked him and he left.

Lycan History: Back to the Beginning

Not my usual kind of book but I was curious. I didn't know a lot about Lycans. My father only told Tim and I the bare minimum; that they were stronger than ordinary werewolves and took their bloodline very seriously.

The book was obviously very old but surprisingly not as dusty as you would expect it to be, as if it was still used or referred to frequently.

I started it but I really was tired and all the painkillers I'd taken weren't helping matters so I nodded off.

I woke up starving. I considered waiting until Alex got home but waiting for him hadn't panned out well with the pee.

I sat up and I was actually feeling better. My ribs weren't hurting as much as they were earlier making it easier for me to get out of bed to look for something to eat.

When I left the room, I heard Alex's voice which was surprising because I'd expected him to stay away from me and the house until night.

Deciding to just swallow my pride and ask him for some food, I followed his voice and found him in the living room.

"Alex, I-" I stopped short when I saw that he had company.

"Um, good afternoon," I greeted. The black-haired woman cast a steely gaze on me, appraising me from head to toe.

Without replying me, she turned back to Alex who looked like a deer in headlights, "No wonder you said it wasn't a problem. You're housing the rogue now?"

"Mother, it's more complicated than that," he sputtered.

Mother. This was interesting. The big bad Alpha was a mama's boy.

"Excuse me b-," her head snapped back to me.

"I wasn't speaking to you," then she stopped, squinting at my neck.

Shit. My hair had been wet from the shower so I had tied it up to avoid getting cold water on me so now, the mark that he'd put on my sat proudly for all to see.

She looked from the mark to Alex who really wasn't helping matters with how nervous he looked.

"You marked her?" her voice was getting higher, then her eyes widened even more, "You think she's your mate"

"She is my mate," it was the first time Alex had sounded like his normal stern Alpha self since this whole scene had begun and I didn't like the butterflies that affirmation caused to break out in me.

She laughed, "That's impossible. You are a Lycan Alpha Alexander, your mate cannot be a rogue. You cannot seriously be thinking of accepting her."

Alex was quiet which made my heart sink but only fuelled his mum's anger, "I won't allow this Alexander."

Glaring at my mark one more time, she walked out, leaving Alex and I alone.

Damn, and I thought I was dramatic.