27.

Anaya.

I scramble to my feet when I see the King standing in the doorway.

Pure power floods the room at his presence and I realise now why everybody is so afraid of him.

"Your majesty," I bare my neck and Alex does the same.

"Dear," the queen rushes to him, "You're not supposed to be out of bed!"

He swats her hand away like a fly, "I asked what a rogue is doing in my palace, at my table!"

For a man they claimed was dying, his voice was pretty darn strong.

Alex took my hand and I was grateful for the support. 

"I'm Anaya," I say causing the King's head to swing to me.

"It's talking to me?"

"Amon!" The Queen warned.

"This is Anaya," she paused, "Dahlia's daughter."

His eyes widened as far as his wrinkled skin would allow.

"You are the child she had with that…..” he trailed off.

I didn't think there was a need to answer his question.

"Take me back to my rooms Natalie," he said finally.

Shooting us an apologetic look, Queen Natalie took him out.

Alex squeezed my and I turned to him, “This is all so crazy isn't it?"

He let out a short laugh, “Yeah, definitely. It's unreal, seems like a badly written novel. Are you okay?"

I really didn't know and after all the drama of the day, I really wanted to just crawl into bed and pass out. But I was also quite hungry.

"Let's eat"

We sat down and we devoured the food in front of us. I had initially thought it was a lot but by the time we were done, there was only a little left.

The queen sent a servant down to inform us that she was tired and wouldn't be coming back down so Alex and I went back to our room.

She had been kind enough to send sleeping clothes for us.

I changed in the bathroom while Alex changed in the room.

It was a gown. The material was thin and it was short. I felt really uncomfortable in it but I didn't have another option.

I emerged from the bathroom at the same time that Alex was finishing pulling a t shirt over his head. He looked at the dress I was wearing and his eyes darkened.

Rolling my eyes, I walked to the bed, "Rules. I am going to divide the bed with pillows. Each person has their side. If even just a part of you comes onto my side, that part will get cut off."

"Seriously Anaya," he asked.

"You're lucky I'm not making you sleep on the floor."

"The floor? You really think you could make me sleep on the floor?"

I raised an eyebrow in response and he scowled.

"Fine."

There were lots of pillows on the bed and I laid three vertically down the center.

Getting into bed, I turned off the bedside lamp, "Goodnight."

I heard Alex get into bed as well, "Do you want to talk?"

I frowned, "About?"

"About all this. Today couldn't have been easy for you. Finding all this out suddenly."