Episode 85

"Joey it hurts." Demi complained squeezing Joe's hand as her contraction went away. Joe hated seeing her like this yet again when she should have only gone through this once to get their twins here with them. Maya was doing well, she had a rough patch where she did catch a lung infection but she fought through that like she did everything else and now was double the size then what she was before if not a little bigger. Mason would be joining the family when Maya should have been very soon. He was a week or two behind his due date but nothing to be worried about.

"I know but just think soon Mason will be joining his older sister and brothers. It will all be worth it in the end." Joe encouraged leaning down kissing her hair.

"No contractions no opinion." Demi warned making Joe laugh.

"You'll get through this Demi, we'll finally be a happy family. All six of us will be together, our family will be together." Joe reassured knowing that Maya was due to come home very soon, even maybe when Mason was ready to go home too. Demi smiled but pain soon covered her expression again when another contraction came along.

"And here he is," The midwife stated as she set the newborn baby on Demi's bare chest to give him the vital skin to skin contact. Both Joe and Demi's eyes filled with tears as they heard the sound of their son's cries but he soon settled down curling up against his mother recognising the touch he was feeling. The midwife left them alone for a couple of moments to hold the newborn before he was taken away from them but it was only then they made a discovery. "It appears that whoever took your scan and told you it was a boy and a girl read it wrong. Congratulations you have a little girl." The smile only stretched wider on their face as Demi was given her daughter back who was now weighed, measured and wrapped up in blankets.

"You were a surprise weren't you." Demi cooed allowing the tears to roll down her cheeks as she kissed her daughter's head. She felt Joe lean his chin on her shoulder as the two of them admired their daughter. Neither of them having anymore words to say to each other of anybody. They didn't care that she wasn't a boy like they thought. She was here and healthy and that's all that mattered.

Demi was soon given the chance to rest which gave Joe the chance to hold their little girl, he couldn't believe how much bigger she was compared to her sister when she was born. She looked healthy which Maya certainly didn't, they nearly lost her a couple of times but she's come so far and made it through every obstacle that came her way. Joe leaned down kissing his daughters head leaning down again but kissing Demi's forehead gently then left the room wondering down the corridor a little more until he reached the waiting area. Dianna was the first one who noticed him nudging her husband who looked over as well smiling. Everyone got up meeting him in the middle.

"Meet Maisie, our daughter." Joe grinned as everyone smiled.

"Girl?" Jayden questioned Joe nodding his head.

"They read mommy's scan wrong, you have two sisters," He explained. "We have loads of boy clothes if anyone has any use for them." They all laughed but Joe laid Maisie down in Dianna's arms so the newborn could start to be passed around. Maisie was awake after a nap and a feed looking at her surroundings but started to whimper when she didn't recognise who's arms she was in. Dianna rocked her gently shushing her which made her calm down a little bit.

"Looks like she's going to be a daddy's girl." Denise stated as she wrapped her arm around her sons middle looking towards her Granddaughter. It was going to be hard for them to look after Jayden and Isaac when Maya and Maisie came home, they would have to understand what was going on but they knew that they would. They were good boys and would want to help out as much as they could, they both knew they were going to be the best big brothers. As soon as they got married they would become a real family and Joe honestly couldn't wait. 

—————————————————————————————————

Comments please!