Episode 26

------------------------------------------------

Joe was sat in his classroom after school had finished grading some papers, he would usually be home by now either spending time with his family or with Stephanie but when he looked up worry covered his face still seeing Jayden and Isaac sat opposite him doing some colouring. Demi wasn't the kind of mother who would usually fail on picking her sons up even if it was at the high school rather than their regular school. He was worried that something was wrong with her, that she was in serious danger and that she would never come pick her boys up.

"Joey when is mommy coming?" Jayden questioned looking up at him.

"I don't know Jay but I'll stay with you until she does okay?" Joe reassured both of them but he knew that they weren't convinced. "Why don't you bring your colouring up here?" He suggested the two of them getting up bringing their colouring sheets and pencils with them. Joe helped them lift their chairs over kneeling on them so they could colour.

"What are you doing?" Isaac questioned watching Joe's hands as he ticks some parts putting crosses at the side of most of the answers.

"I'm marking some work, if you ever become a teacher you'll spend your life doing this!" Joe exclaimed making them both laugh.

"Why did you write F at the bottom?" Jayden questioned this time.

"Because they failed and they need more help on their work." Joe explained looking towards the door opened seeing the principle.

"Can I have a word?" Susan asked Joe nodding his head reassuring Jayden and Isaac that he would just be outside and he'll be back soon. He got up off his seat wondering over to the door closing it behind him. If it's anything to do with their mother he didn't want them hearing until he knew how bad it was, he didn't want to tell them any bad news. "It's about their mother."

"Is she okay?" Joe hoped sighing when Susan shook her head.

"She was in a car accident on the way home, she's been in surgery but has fallen into a coma and they don't know when she will wake up. We only have her parent's number and they are away in England visiting family for a couple of weeks." She explained.

"So what's happening to Jay and Isaac?" Joe knew that was most important at the moment, Demi was in hospital where she should be and where doctors can keep an eye on her but Jayden and Isaac have nowhere to go and nobody to be with them.

"A local care home has offered to take them for as long as it takes Demi to recover. A worker will be here shortly to pick them up and take them back to their house to collect some stuff." She explains Joe sighing nodding his head.

Joe wondered back in the room five minutes later after the care worker had arrived to pick Jayden and Isaac up to take them away for a couple of days, he makes his way over to his desk again taking a seat on the chair taking in a deep breath.

"Boys your mom isn't very well at the moment, she's in hospital and unable to take care of you so you'll be going with Lloyd for a while until she is better."Joe explained not knowing how they would take all the news. He sighed when both of them started crying.

"I want mommy!" Isaac screamed, Joe just pulled them both into a hug the boys hugging him back Joe not even caring that his shirt was getting wet.

"Everything will be okay alright? Mommy will be better soon and you can go and see her, you'll just be spending some time with Lloyd and a bunch of other kids who are there for all sorts of reasons." Joe reassured but he knew nothing he could say would make them feel better.

"You said you'd stay with us until mommy came!" Jayden sniffled, Joe didn't say anything else. He just held them deep in thought until they calmed down a little bit.

"Could I take them?" Joe questioned looking towards Lloyd.

--------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!

Stalker | Jemiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें