Episode 76

—————————————————————

"By the guilt on your face I'm guessing that you cheated on Demi when you first got together?" Selena questioned but Joe was quick to reassure her that he had and stuck up for himself. He would never do such a thing to Demi or any woman, they deserved better than that and more respect than for him to date another girl as well.

"No Selena! I would never do such a thing!" He begun taking a deep breath. "Steph said that she was twenty nine weeks along which dates back to when we were still together, I demanded for a DNA test when the baby is born to make sure it's mine. I just don't want to tell Demi and put her under any more stress, it could be what triggers the labour off again and I want Mason to stay in there as long as possible." Selena laid a hand on his arm rubbing it gently.

"Sorry for accusing you of cheating," Selena begun too. "Wait until Demi is home and the doctors have given the all clear. I think she needs to know sooner than when Mason is due." Selena could see that everything that had happened over the last day is starting to get to him a little bit. He looked shattered and he wasn't the one who went through labour. Selena couldn't imagine how tired Demi could be at the moment.

"I just want everything to be how it should be, Maya still with her brother and Demi home with the boys. None of us should have to go through this." Joe expressed holding back his tears but it was hard, a couple slipped out his eyes down his cheeks.

"Everything will be okay eventually, you go lay down for a bit and get some rest. I'll drop the boys off at Demi's parents house for a bit and go see Demi and tell her that your resting." Selena demanded softly leaning up kissing his cheek.

"Thanks Sel." He cracked her a small smile before leaving the kitchen heading upstairs. He slumped down on the bed after taking his jeans off his head falling on the pillow. He moved his head to the side smiling when he saw the family photo they had given to the police when Isaac went missing. Nothing seemed to be going right for them at the moment.

Selena did what she said she would, dropping Jayden and Isaac off at Demi's parents house before making her way over to the hospital. She expected Demi to be asleep but she knew her best friend better than that, she would be wide awake waiting for Joe to come back so they could go see Maya again. Joe and Demi were already waiting for the day they didn't have to visit their daughter while she was in the hospital. Selena enter the hospital room not surprised when she saw Demi wide awake reading the newspaper Joe had not long ago.

"Hi Sel." Demi greeted when she looked up from the paper, she folded it back up and laid it on her legs not wanting to push Selena away. She liked company other than Joe at times, it seemed like she spent most of her time with him. She knew couples needed their own space as well which was also a reason she sent him home to be with the boys.

"Joe will be over later, I sent him to bed cause he was naughty." Selena joked taking a seat on the chair next to her bed, where Joe had been sitting a lot. Demi laughing slightly.

"Is he okay though?" Demi questioned.

"He's fine, just needed some more rest like you should be doing." Selena accused.

"The doctor said we can go see Maya again soon so I don't want to rest and miss the chance." Demi argued Selena smiling this time.

"Joe showed me a picture, she's gorgeous." Selena complimented.

"I love her so much already it's unbelievable, I just wished she could stay with her brother for a little bit longer. It's touch and go at the moment, the doctors don't know whether she will make it yet." Demi explained.

"I'm sure she will, she'll want to meet her big and little brothers." Demi smiled even wider laying her hand on her bump. 

————————————————-

Comments please!