Episode 29

------------------------------------------

Joe was sat on the couch watching the game a beer in his hands, he knew he had offered to watch it with Nick but they never got around to arrange it. Jayden and Isaac were sat on the table behind him making some cards for their mother so he could drop them off at the hospital on the way to work tomorrow after dropping them off at school. He wasn't very creative in that department so he left it up to them but he knew whatever they produced Demi would love. 

"Joey someone knocked on the door." He looked behind him seeing Isaac looking towards him. Joe placed his beer on the coffee table in front of him before getting up wondering over to the door, he opened it revealing his twin but younger brother. 

"I just spent an hour at my door listening to Steph complain to me about you, trust me, it was painful," Joe couldn't help but laugh as he let his brother in Nick slipping his shoes off beginning to take his jacket off. "What did you do to her?" 

"Demi was in a car accident so I offered to take Jayden and Isaac until she was better and she just over exaggerated." Joe explains. 

"Are you sure that's something you should be doing?" Nick questioned. 

"I have no idea but honestly Nick I've never had so much fun since I was their age!" He exclaimed making Nick laugh, he wasn't really sure he was keen on the idea himself but he would support his brother. He was just glad that Steph was gone, that he had broken up with her because none of the family actually liked her. 

"I suppose I better meet the boys who are making my brother feel young again." Nick smirked as he entered the living room smiling when he saw two identical boys sat at the table getting messy but they wouldn't be kids if they weren't getting messy. He followed Joe over to the table where they both took a seat opposite them. 

"Who are you?" Jayden inquired looking over at them. 

"I'm Nick, Joe's twin brother." Nick introduced Jayden and Isaac giggling when he stuck his hand out for them to shake. Joe smiled too liking the sound of children laughing, he always wanted to be a father but he didn't know whether he'd ever find the right girl to settle down with, get married and have a family of their own. 

"Your twins? You don't look the same." Isaac acknowledged. 

"We're un-identical and you two are identical, the only difference is we don't look the same. By the way I'm older." Joe winked at them making them giggle. 

"They are good boys aren't they?" Nick questioned his brother as both of them were now sat down on the couch watching the game together a beer in their hands. Jayden and Isaac were still working on their cards wanting to make them as special as they could for their mom. They just wanted to see her and Joe was trying his best to distract them from the thought. 

"I know, Demi would miss so much if she died." Joe sighed slightly, he didn't even know what kind of condition she was in and it was hard to reassure the boys when he didn't know himself. He didn't want to tell them anything false. 

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Nick reassured him. 

"All I know is she went into surgery and then slipped into a coma, I don't really know what to tell them." He admitted. 

"Just tell them that she's sleeping or something if it was that serious her parents would probably come back from England don't you think?" Nick suggested. 

"I guess that does make sense, I just hope she doesn't mind me looking after them while she's in hospital." He hadn't had any contact with her or the boys since the incident but he didn't know what he thoughts were about him. 

"As long as their safe I don't think she'd care." The room fell silent as they concentrated on the game. 

------------------------------------

Comments please!