Chapter 26 Klaus's Decision

The next morning Ryder had no idea what he was going to tell his dad in order to get himself out of the house. It was still winter holidays and he was hoping maybe he could use one of his friends as a decoy. Ryder didn't want Damon to know he was really going to see Klaus as he knew that his dad would never let him go. Ryder came down for breakfast that Lexi and Rebekah had prepared. "Morning" Rebekah said, "Morning is it alright if I hang with my friends today?" Ryder asked, "Who and where are you going?" Damon asked, "I don't know where we are going, Elena and Matt maybe Bonnie if she can come" Ryder said. "Ryder with the threat out there I am not sure I feel comfortable with you being out in the open" Damon said, "I will be fine, plus if I have Bonnie she can do a protection spell on me, please If I sense trouble I will call or text I promise" Ryder said. Damon agreed to let him go only because he trusted he would do the right thing in keeping himself safe. 

Ryder made sure to confirm with Elena that if needed he could use her as decoy and she agreed to have his back. Ryder called the last phone number that Klaus had texted him from and he answered "Hello, what can I do for you?" "Klaus it is Ryder, we need to talk" Ryder said, "Alright it just so happens that I am actually in Mystic Falls meet me in the cemetery" Klaus said. Ryder was unsure as to why Klaus always wanted to meet in the cemetery but he went there as fast as he could. Ryder didn't feel like he was being followed right now and he hoped that meant whoever it was wouldn't know about this meeting. Klaus was already there waiting for him "Ryder what is it I can do for you?" Klaus asked in a eerie way, "I think you know what is going on behind your back. I want to tell you that your siblings are planning on killing your vampire side by forcing you to drink my blood. Then Elijah plans on taking it himself and therefore killing off all vampires. I am asking for your protection in order for me to keep you safe from my blood" Ryder said. "Protection? from whom?" Klaus asked a bit curious, "I believe that your father has been following me, trying to figure out a way he can use me" Ryder said. "Yes Rebekah also mentioned his name, that is essentially why I am here, but this news of them wanting to kill me is new. Ryder I am not sure how much protection I can offer you as my father is dangerous, I can assure you though you are not a threat to him unless we can get him to drink your blood. It will be easier to kill him if he is human, I just don't know if he would stop before draining all your blood. My father is ruthless and I am willing to stick around in the shadows for a bit and keep you safe. Only if you do the same for me in order to keep my hybrid side intact, and I want to assure you that your friend Elena will also be safe." Klaus said. "Thank you, I hope that Elijah isn't to upset" Ryder said. "I will deal with my brother don't worry, he keeps forgetting that we have Finn and Kol as well, who are also vampires but I have them daggered in a safe place" Klaus said. "You have more brothers?" Ryder said, "Yes and a witch sister named Freya although she has been gone for many years" Klaus said. "I am sorry" Ryder said, "I do not think she is dead, she is just not with us as she was taken at a very young age by my aunt who deemed to protect her from all of this" Klaus said. "I see well thank you" Ryder said as he started to walk away.

It didn't take long for Ryder to be attacked, as he fell to the ground, Klaus reacted as well and tore the figure off of Ryder. "So weak, Niklaus, you think you can protect him" Mikael said, "Yes he is just a boy" Klaus said, "He is the only thing that can kill you, making my life a lot easier" Mikael said. Ryder was to stunned to move, as he texted Damon just like he promised, it didn't take long for everyone to show up at the cemetery. Klaus was still fighting with his father, "Ryder what the hell!" Damon said  as he pulled him away from the fight "Father stop this please" Rebekah tried to plead with him, "Rebekah, I see you are no longer a vampire I am not sure whether or not to be proud" Mikael said as he held Klaus down, the werewolf in Klaus started to get stronger as he bit his father causing him to let go. Klaus jumped out of the way and grab Ryder forcing Mikael to drink his blood, Klaus was quick enough to pull Ryder away as well so Mikael wouldn't kill him. Damon grabbed Ryder back as they watched Mikael, fall to the ground turning grey. "Ryder I am so sorry that I did that, but I will take care of this and I wish you luck Rebekah" Klaus said, "Niklaus wait, why are you wishing me luck?" Rebekah asked, Klaus walked up to his sister and whispered, "You are pregnant sister, I can hear the heart beat" Klaus said as he grabbed Mikael's body and took off. Rebekah was stunned she couldn't believe what she had just heard.