A New Beginning

I walk down our narrow laminate staircase from our top floor to our main floor, I walk over the our wide open spaced living room and grab a pair of folded socks off the couch and pull them on my feet.

I enter our kitchen and set my son James' sippy cup on the counter, I read the clock and see it says '3:15'. I walk over to our double doored fridge and grab the bottle of apple juice my husband Sam bought 2 days ago, theres only 3/4 of it left.

I twist off the lid off the cup and dump out the remaining juice from before, I pour 2 inches of juice in and screw the cap back on the bottle I put it back in the fridge and grab the cup off the counter and fill the cup with 2 more inches of water.

I open the freezer at the bottom of the fridge and drop in 3 ice cubes, as I drop them in I feel the water and apple juice mix splash on my hands. I screw the cap on, wipe my hands on the thighs, close the freezer and shake the cup.

I walk back up our stairs and into my sons room, "here hun" I pass the cup to my half asleep 2 year old boy. And walk over to check on my daughter Hope, I hear her heavy breathing and know she's still asleep.

I close her door and walk to my room, my husband Sam is in a deep sleep I hear him snoring. I crawl in bed and accidentally wake him up, he rolls over and puts his arm over top of my lower abdomen. I fall back to sleep.

<7:45am>

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
I reach my hand over to my alarm clock and hit the off button, I sit up and notice Sam has already gotten up. I grab my robe off of the corner of my closet door and rap it around myself, I walk out of our room and smell bacon cooking and hear eggs sizzling. "James!!!" I here Hope scream at her brother.

I walk down the stairs once again to our spacious main floor, "Good morning Babe, coffees made and break will be ready in 5" Sam walks over to me with a spatula in hand and kisses my forehead. I smile and walk over to the coffee machine, I grab a cup from our cup tree and pour myself some. I add 2 teaspoons of sugar, a tablespoon of cream.

I sit down on the couch and watch the kids play, "what are you watching Hope?" I ask my 2 year old daughter "bARbie" she says making the AR part really high and squeaky, "are you ok with watching Barbie James?" I ask him as he runs circles around Hope who's staring at the TV.

"Yep" he replays stopping and hugging his twin sister. "Breakfast" Sam hollers from the kitchen using a British accent, "why thank you my prince" I curtesy to Sam as he places my plate on the breakfast bar, "anything for a fine princess as yourself" he bows and walks back to the stove.

I dish some of my egg onto James and Hopes' plates, I bring it over to the coffee table in the living room. They don't even notice I do, they are to occupied by the TV.

I bring my plate and cup over to the table, and sit down next to Sam. "So work today?" he asks me dipping his bacon into my ketchup on my plate, "Yep, I have a lot to get done" I say putting my fork into my mouth with a heap of egg on it.

<15 minutes later>

"I'll clean up, you get them dressed?" I ask Sam grabbing Hopes and James' plates off the coffee table and walking into the kitchen. "Deal" Sam says picking up Hope and holding James' hand walking to the stairs.

I put all 4 plates, all silverware, and all the cups in the dishwasher. I make my way up the stairs and help Sam finish getting the kids ready, once they are ready I play with them in the upstairs living room for a while, while Sam gets himself ready.

He comes out and I go get ready myself. I hop in the shower quickly, I jump out as quickly as I get in. I dress myself in a black pencil skirt and a grey kind of puff shirt, I tuck it into my skirt and grab my heels from my closet.

"Momma is looking hot" Sam says walking over to me, he grabs my left hip with his right arm and jerks my in close to him. "It's Friday" I say running my index finger of my left hand down his chest "maybe tonight" I say winking and kissing him.

"Can't wait" he replays as I walk over to James and Hope, I give them both a hug and a kiss on the forehead and I head back downstairs. I grab my purse and my computer bags off the bench in the front room, near the front door.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a coffee thermos, I fill it with coffee and walk to the boot room. I step into my heals, grab my keys off the hook beside the door and walk out into the garage.

I unlock my vehicle, I set my purse on the passenger seat and my computer back on the floor of the passenger side. I walk around to the driver side, I jump into the car and push the garage door button on my visor.

I back out my car of the garage and down the driveway, I drive out of our neighborhood and down to the intersection. I turn left on the left turning light and as I turn left, a truck comes barreling towards me at maximum speed and hits the front of my car, it spins and spins and spins until I hit a light post at the other end of the intersection.

I don't remember anything after that, except sirens from down the block. The only thing that comes to mind is 'I hope Sam didn't get called out'...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this Chapter, if you have any questions don't be afraid to leave it in the comments or message me.
If you love the 'Old' Magcon boys please check out my other 2 books
<><>
- Together Forever (Sam Pottorff/02l sequel)
~Which is a Hayes Grier fanfic
<><>
-Turning into A Caniff
~ A Taylor Caniff/Hayes Grier fanfic