Wile E coyote #22

Requested by @ObservantMouse1930, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

It was just a regular and peaceful day out in the desert. Actually it wasn't exactly "regular" as Bugs and Wile E would probably be out competing at something at this time, but it was quiet because Wile E had a visitor drop in. You lived in the neighborhood and you and the coyote had started dating not long after. Bugs still had absolutely no idea what you saw in him and the idea of it just grossed Squeaks out, but you didn't care, you loved him anyway.

Bugs was out lazing in the garden and Wile E was out tinkering with something.

"Why, Bugs! What a surprise to see you out here! Though certainly not surprising to catch you lazing about like this" Wile E snarked.

"Well i sure expected to see you making clever comments like this" Bugs pulled his sunglasses down and put them back up again. "i think i'm gonna go in now" 

 "Oh no, please, don't let little old me spoil your day of inactivity" He smirked.

" Yeesh, with the way you talk, anyone would think you were actually doing something worthwhile " The rabbit rolled his eyes and approached the fence bordering their two houses.

"As it so happens, I was actually finishing up fixing my latest invention before going in to have dinner with (y/n)" His eyes sparkled and he sighed at the thought of you.

"Invention? What does it? Fizz and break like everything else you've invented?" Bugs joker and Squeaks giggled at this remark. "What on Earth does (y/n) even see in you?" 

" quite a lot of things actually " He answered, clearly offended by this statement.

Bugs looked doubtful at this and Squeaks was just disgusted. "I'm surprised she can see anything past your massive ego!" 

 " Hmmph. How immature of you, though I expected that from someone of your intellect "

 "Immature? I don't use pet names!"

 He looked embarrassed and annoyed at this. "What? And neither do it! (Y/n) and I are a mature couple!" He folded his arms and shut his eyes in defiance .

"Alright then. Say, Pepe told me a word the other day and I don't know what it means, can you translate?" Bugs asked, unusually innocent.

"Huh? Well that doesn't surprise me as i'm assuming there's a lot of things you don't know. What is it? "

 "Mon cheri"

 "Hah! As I suspected! You are much too primitive to understand even basic French, but it means my dear or sweetheart"

 "Yes, Wile E?" You called from inside the house. Wile E went red and Bugs smirked at him and Squeaks just stood there tittering.

 "Don't use pet names, huh?"

 "Well, I meant uh...what I mean is, what I mean to say, I really should be going in now! It's dinnertime!" He quickly scurried off as he had been near by the triumphant rabbit.

He looked red in the face when you saw him.

"Wile E? What's wrong?" You asked in concern as he seated himself opposite to you at the small table and sulked.

 "Oh, nothing. (Y/n), you don't think I'm stupid, do you?" He asked.

 " What? Of course not! You're the smartest guy I know and if anyone can't see that then they're wrong! "

 His face lit up a bit. "Thank you, dear" He smiled. You both had dinner together and enjoyed this lovely summer's evening.