Marvin the Martian #6

Requested by @keevvvviin, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

 "Huh, that's funny" you scratched your head as you looked at your phone. "Marvin hasn't replied to my messages all day and now he won't return my calls. Eh, he's probably busy"

You settled down and watched tv that night and waited for Marvin to answer you back, but he was silent. You were getting worried so you decided to drop by his house and check on him, see if he was doing ok.

"Marvin? Are you...oh my gosh! What is THAT? " You exclaimed as gaze fell upon the monstrosity in his backyard.

"What is that?" You asked.

" isn't it obvious? It's a rocket ship! " he said proudly.

 "Looks like it needs a lot of work done on it. What are you doing with it anyway?"

" Well, you see... "

"...see what?"

" I...I'm planning on going back to Mars"

"WHAT?" You felt yourself having a mini heart attack when he said this. "But why?"

 " Because, as much as I love you (y/n), I don't love earth. You can join me if you like"

"Marvin, stop. You can't do this" you caught hold of his arm for him to stop.

" (Y/n), I can't love here any more, on this, no offence, inferior planet and all it's ways. It's too much"

"At least come in the house with me and talk about it rationally. Please"

"Well...alright then. I'll let you try and convince me"

You took him in the house and made him a cup of tea before sitting down at the table with him.

 "So why do you want to leave earth?" you asked.

 "Because the people, excluding you, can be very cruel and unforgiving. The sights here are mediocre and truth be told, I do miss Mars sometimes"

You thought about what he said for a moment before giving your answer. "Marvin. I know people can be irritating, I feel out of place too sometimes"

"You?" He laughed. "Don't make me laugh"

"What you mean?" You said, confused.

"Why would earthlings hate you? It's obvious why I would become the subject of bullying, but why an attractive and intelligent earthling like you?"

You blushed at his flattering speech. "Marvin, it's just the way people are, we all get judged sometimes and you're no different, as for sights, how could you say it's ALL bad?"

 " Well, I will admit there are one or two attractions... " He admitted.

 "See? I knew you'd come around. But how could you just think of leaving me like that?"

"I didn't want to hurt you"

" Oh Marvin, that would hurt me even more! 

"You're right. My apologies"

 "Thanks. Maybe that's why you were meant to come here, to meet me " you smiled and placed your hand on his. His large eyes lit up.

 "I hadn't thought of it that way. Thank you for enlightening me and taking the time to listen"

"It's no problem. Get your coat on"

" but why? " he asked.

"Cos I'm taking you out for ice cream. That will make you appreciate earth" you smiled .

"Ice cream? Oh goodie!" It was so sweet seeing his adorable face like this, totally worth it make him genuinely happy.