Bugs bunny #13

Requested by @beverlyhills_chloe, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

You lived on the streets for as long as you could remember. That was the problem with not having a family, you had no one to take care you. Being a kid, you had a tendency to wander, and you made your way into a forest. You gaped in awe for you had never seen one before and you marvelled at the beautiful and breathtaking sights. You smiled and were coming to love your new surroundings, when you heard a loud noise. It was a gun going off and you screamed in terror. Elmer, who fired the gun, heard and that caught his attention.

"Weww hewwo thewe wittwe wabbit" he said with a smile as he caught sight of you. You weren't scared at first when you saw how mild mannered he was, but upon noticing the gun in his hand, you quivered and started wondering in terror. You sped off until you came to a rabbit hole. You hesitated first, but remembered Elmer was following you and jumped down. Bugs did not expect this and cried out in terror when you landed in top of him.

 "Hey, this is simply uncalled for!" He exclaimed as he caught you in his arms.

 "S-sorry mr bunny, I didn't mean to drop in on you like that"

He chuckled at your lane pun before asking you a question. "So what are you doing here? Isn't your family worried about you?"

" Well that's just it, I don't have a family " your lip trembled when you said this, making a small tear form in his eye.

"Oh" he awkwardly rubbed his neck. "I'm so sorry to hear that, but could you please tell me exactly what you're doing in here?"

" Well I wandered into the forest. I was enjoying myself and all the sights I saw until I heard a gun sound and I saw a man with a gun and he's trying to shoot me"

Bugs clenched his fist. "Elmer" he said through gritted teeth. 

"Who?" You asked. 

" That joik who tried to threaten you, that's who! "  he got up from his seat and went outside.

 "Where are you going, mister? " you asked curiously.

"I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind!" Bugs stepped out and you watched in amusement at how tricked and outwitted the man that held his gun to you and you laughed uncontrollably.

"Oh that was great, Mr bunny! Please do it again! " you laughed and rolled on the floor.

"I think old Elmers suffered enough, now come and get your dinner" he smiled.

You smiled back and sat down with him and are the hearty bowl of carrot stew he had placed before you.

"(y/n)" he spoke up.

" What? " you asked with wide eyes.

"You can stay here tonight, but tomorrow I'm gonna call the local orphanage for you"

You gasped in horror. "No, Mr bunny! No! I don't wanna go back there! Please no!"

" Hmm" seeing how distressed you were by this, he, on the spot, made a rash yet kind decision. "Alright, well then, I have no choice but to adopt you myself" you said warmly.

Your face lit up. "You would? Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" You laughed and hugged him tightly.

"Alright, alright, but you gotta go to bed right now"

"Of course" you sighed, but were so happy you now had a home.