Rev runner #1

Requested by @Optimusprimegirl, thanks for requesting, hope you like it.

It was just a regular day for you. You were shopping for todays groceries but you didn't know just how your life was gonna change from this moment on.

"And that'll be twenty one dollars, please" The check out girl smiled as you fumbled your hand about in your pocket to find it.

"Uh, here you go" You quietly answered as you paid for the bags of your weeks shopping and got ready to leave when you heard the sound of a gun going off and you turned around and saw that a group of thugs had shot the windows and were now gonna rob the place. You were frozen in place as you had never been in a position like this before and so you and the girl threw your hands in the air and watched and waited as the crooks held the place up. Now there was SOMETHING you could do but you didn't know if you wanted to. You had the gift of super speed and that had made you shy as you didn't want anyone to know for fear of how they would react but you took a deep breath and although you didn't have a plan, you seriously considered doing something before it was too late.

As it turned out, you didn't have to do anything because at that moment, another group made their entrance and you watched in amazement as they wasted no time beating up the criminals. 

"It's the loonatics" You heard the girl whisper in awe as you both stood there starstruck in admiration at the way they used their powers, cracked jokes and worked together to take down the bad guys. You were entranced with all of them but one of them in particular stood out. A  red road runner and you were amazed as you saw his speed in action and you couldn't help but feel inspired.

A beaten thug then got up and without warning, grabbed you and held a gun to your head. You felt a million emotions running through your mind as you had only seen situations like this on tv but now you were experiencing it yourself.

"A little old to be playing with toys, huh?" Ace smirked, completely unphased as he made a sly remark about his gun. Whilst he was still talking, someone ran up and swift as lightning, kicked the gun out of his hand and rescued you. You opened your tightly shut eyes and looked to see the bird who had saved you. You were scared but he gave you a reassuring smile.

"Don'tworrymissthisisnothingnewwedealwiththingslikethisprettymucheverydaybutthatdoesn'tmatteryou'resafenow" He said, his words as fast as his feet.

"Y-you saved me" You stuttered as he placed you somewhere safe and gave you a wink before returning to help his friends take down the criminals. You saw that he had powers and you saw that he didn't hide them like you did, he embraced them and used them to help others. You must know his name, but like a flash, he was gone, along with the rest of the group as they took the criminals down to the police station. 

"Who were they?" You asked the girl behind the counter as you saw that they were gone.

"That was the loonatics. They were just regular guys before a meteor struck acmetropolis, giving them powers. They now use their powers to fight crime" She explained as you listened intently.

"Wow" You felt inspired now you heard this. "I should be leaving you"

///*\\\\

You had to see him again, you had to tell him how he had changed your view of the world. You found out that they resided on the 134th floor of a huge tower and so that's where you were going. You made your way to the place, and to your luck, he was the only one there as it was only him you wanted to talk with. You knocked at the door and heaved a nervous sigh as you waited, but no sooner had you knocked when the door was abruptly open, catching you off your guard.

You let out a small squeal as you saw him standing there before you. He looked surprised to see you but he went along with it. 

"Heyyoulookfamiliardon'tiknowyoufromsomewhere?Waitdon'ttellmeit'llcometomeit'llcometomewaityou'rethatgirlisavedtheotherdayaren'you?"

"yeah, that's me" You gave him a small smile and then looked away.

"Somethingwrong?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, you could say that. Could i come in?" You asked softly.

"Ofcourse!Comerightin!" He let you in and you quickly found a seat. "Sowhatwasityouwantedtotalktomeabout?"

"Well...this" You got up and started speeding around the room and he watched in amazement. 

"Youhavesuperspeedaswell?Wow!Awesome!Wheredidyougetthem?" He got up and clapped his hands in joy.

"Well, i was born with it and i kinda hid it cos i was worried what people would think, but after seeing you the other day and how you saved me, it inspired me and i want to help others like you do" You looked deeply into his turquoise eyes. "I just feel like i've been so selfish about it all these years when i could've used it for good all this time" You sobbed and put your arms around him. He took you gently and listened to your grief and just wanted to help you.

"Heydon'tcryaboutityou'renotselfish"

"I'm not?" You sniffed.

"Ofcoursenot!You justdidn'tknowwhattodobutyou'reamongfriendsnow. Youcouldbeaheronow! Atleastyouwanttouseyourgiftforgoodimeanjusthowmanywoulduseyourgiftforevil?"

"I, i guess you're right" You smiled weakly. You decided that you were gonna come out of your shell now and become somebody and it was all thanks to him. You then remembered that never introduced yourself. "Oh, i'm, (y/n), by the way"

"Pleasedtomeetya! I'mrevrunner"

You giggled at the way he talked so fast. At that moment, you heard the door open and the rest of the loonatics arriving.

"Comeeon,youcandiscussyourfutureasaheronow!" He exclaimed happily and you smiled at him. You had a feeling you were gonna become firm friends from now on.