The beginning will free you

''You look rather... lost.'' She continued. Clarke heard the amusement in the queen's tone, yet she chose to stay silent. ''Speak! Or I'll slice your head off.'' Nia replied, clearly angry at the awkward silence amongst them.

But then Clarke got an idea. What if she gets killed here, will it finally free her or will she finally get her peace? She was extremely at risk by this 'experiment'. Either she fails and dies in her reality, which would mean leaving broken Lexa all alone, or she dies only here and comes back. Clarke was literally playing with fire. And she couldn't do that to her, she swore to Lexa.

Nia unsheathed her sword and put it to Clarke's throat whilst she was zoned off, which brought her back to her senses in an instant. ''Don't tempt me, I have been wishing to do this since you refused my offer. But I can give you another chance.'' Nia smirked, the tip of her sword firmly pressed to Clarke's throat. Clarke smirked and spat at Nia's boots, ''I would rather die.'' Clarke stated, not flinching one bit.

Nia got ready to slice Clarke's head off when she was tackled by someone. Clarke's eyes widened, ''Lexa!'' She called out. Lexa stood up, turned around and smirked at Clarke, twirling both of her swords in her hands, she got ready to attack when there were at least three more warriors rushing at her.

She sliced all of their throats so effortlessly and elegantly it was almost beautiful to watch. She spun around and stuck one of her swords into one of the warriors chest, making them drop dead. With one sword left, it was just Nia and her. They circled around as Nia spat out blood, twirling a sword in her hand as well. She attacked first as she was very impatient, missing horribly as Lexa sliced her hip, making her groan in pain. Nia kicked Lexa's legs, making her lose balance as she lost the grip on her sword. Nia took the opportunity and knocked the sword out of Lexa's hand, which sent it flying Clarke's way, who got just enough time to roll away before it hit her.

Lexa was now laying on the ground, helpless as Nia laughed maniacally, taking her time as she stabbed the sword into Lexa's thigh, making her cry out from pain.

''Lexa!'' Clarke called out, tears threatening to spill from her eyes at the sight. Nia had just now realized that Clarke was still there, so when she reached out for one of Lexa's swords to save her, a dagger came flying to her hand as she groaned in pain. The dagger pierced her palm, not a delicate sight. ''Love has made both of you weak. So pathetic.'' Nia exclaimed, looking between the two lovers. Lexa weakly looked at Clarke, searching for something to hold onto, and she only found pain.

Clarke refused to give up, not now. She has come so far and she felt how close she was to getting out of this hellhole. ''You're the weak one here, not us. You have no one, Nia.'' Clarke exclaimed, standing up as she took the last of her strength. She looked Nia straight in her eyes, and in front of her took the dagger out of her palm, making her watch.

Clarke saw the fear rush through Nia's eyes. With a smirk now plastered on her face, she threw the dagger in one swift motion, right into Nia's throat, making her gargle her own blood.

Clarke rushed to Lexa, kneeling by her side as she eyed the sword still sticking out of her thigh. Lexa immediately checked Clarke's palm, seeing it had healed very quickly there. ''Even when you're not real, you're still so caring, Commander.'' Clarke chuckled with a small smile. Lexa could be at her deathbed and still check up on Clarke's wellbeing.

''But I am real, Clarke.'' Lexa said, putting one hand onto Clarke's cheek, brushing her thumb against it softly. Clarke felt everything, like she was right there, comforting her. ''But- this is not real.'' Clarke's eyebrows furrowed. ''But the people in your memories, are from here.'' Lexa spoke up, teasingly jabbing her finger at Clarke's heart. ''I don't think Nia has a special place in my heart.'' Clarke replied confused and Lexa only laughed. ''Those are just bad thoughts coming from here.'' Lexa pointed softly at Clarke's head, ''It all merged together and here we are.'' Lexa continued. ''Lexa, you do know you're still dying.'' Clarke coughed as to alert her. Lexa smiled, ''It's for a reason. You have to continue this path without me.'' She said. Clarke's eyebrows furrowed, ''But how do I know where to go??'' She asked, ''For all I know, I have to go to the dropship.'' Clarke sighed.