Demons from the past

Hi! Welcome, this is just a first chapter to see if you'd like this book. So please, if you want me to continue, leave a feedback, I would appreciate it! Also sorry if there are any mistakes, english is not my first language, but i'll try my best. xx

Enjoy reading! Leave a feedback<3

It has been almost three months since Clarke left Camp Jaha to deal with her demons chasing her, countless of nights without rest, she tried to exhaust herself, she tried to end her suffering, yet there was always something in the back of her mind telling her that it's not her time yet, so every time, she failed.

There was one person stopping her, it was Lexa. She was like the ground to her sky. Like her meadow to her sea, the person keeping her going. 

When the calendar hit two months after Clarke left, she started training with a warrior woman named Thyra. She lived in the Trikru forests with a woman named Niylah, a trader.

Thyra was a great warrior, she taught Clarke how to defend herself to the point that she could take down an Azgeda warrior with a dagger. She taught her how to ride a horse and how to survive in the cruel forests of Earth. Thyra reminded Clarke of Anya, they looked alike and always had their firm posture, never letting their guard down.

''Clarke, don't let emotions control the way you fight, you need to remain calm at all times, otherwise your enemy could gain an upper hand on you. If you can't control your emotions, you can't control your fighting.'' Thyra said sharply as she helped Clarke from the ground. Clarke shook her head at that and nodded. She got her sword ready and calculated her every move through, knowing that Thyra would be five steps ahead of her, Clarke knew she would never be as good as the warriors that have been trained from a young age, but a start to this is good, right?

She moved to attack with her sword, and when Thyra was ready to clash their swords together, Clarke took the opportunity and kicked Thyra's legs, making her stumble. Before Clarke could even blink, she was on the ground again, Thyra straddling her with a dagger to Clarke's throat.

She sighed in defeat.

''You'd be dead by-'' Thyra didn't get to finish her sentence before she was now pinned down on the ground, Clarke holding a dagger to her throat, smirking and breathing heavily,

''What did you say?'' She saw the surprise in Thyra's eyes before there was mischief again, ''I wasn't done talking, Clarke.'' She said and Clarke tried to grab her dagger that was hidden in her boot but it wasn't there. Thyra kicked Clarke from her and continued, Clarke now laying on the ground again, breathing heavily with wide eyes, ''Looking for this?'' Thyra said with a grin on her face and Clarke dropped her head in defeat, ''You're getting better by the day, Clarke, you're a good student.'' She continued and held her hand out for Clarke to take, ''We will continue tomorrow, now rest.''

Clarke sighed as she put her sketchbook aside, she finished drawing the sunrise just by the time the sun came to the sky. Sitting on a cliff, her mind wandered to her mentor, Thyra. No wonder she was a great warrior, she was one of Lexa's generals. Clarke sighed, Lexa. No matter how much Clarke tried to hate Lexa, she couldn't do it, and as the time passed, and her demons caught up to her, she realized she has fallen for the commander.

But now, when she spent so much time with Thyra, there wasn't denying that she didn't have a thing going on with her. Thyra was a natural flirt, she made Clarke flustered just by her actions or words. But she wasn't Lexa, and deep down, she knew.

Clarke didn't realize what she had sketched until she looked at her sketchbook and found the forest green eyes there, oh how she missed it. She got frustrated and needed to get her mind off things. She got up, took her bow and went hunting.