Unpleasant surprise

Thank you all for 1K reads, I appreciate it very dearly! Here is a slightly longer chapter<3

-------------------------------

Lexa was woken up by the sound of doors opening, with someone entering the room. She stretched and felt the warm spot beside her, that was left not so long ago, empty. She opened her eyes as they adjusted to the dim light seeping through the windows. ''Sonop, Heda.(Morning, Commander)'' Clarke spoke up as she brought a breakfast and put it onto the table, sitting down. ''Good morning, Clarke.'' Lexa sat besides her, on a different chair and started eating her breakfast. ''How noble of you to bring me breakfast, I always do that.'' Lexa spoke up whilst eating, ''I'm quite surprising.'' Clarke said with a proud smirk as they continued to eat in comfortable silence.

When they finished eating, they put on their armor whilst Lexa went to the bathroom. Clarke was done just as she strapped her shoulder-guard to her shoulder when Lexa came out with something that had cloth over it. Clarke raised her eyebrow as Lexa smiled, ''This shoulder-piece has gone through few battles, I thought you'd need new one.'' She shrugged like it's nothing and revealed it, Clarke took it into her hands, not knowing what to say. ''I- thank you.'' Clarke said with a smile and kissed Lexa's cheek. She tried it on, ''Fits you perfectly.'' Lexa said with her head tilted in awe. ''Shall we?'' Lexa asked as she stood by the door, holding it open as Clarke took it gladly.

They walked out of the Polis tower, looking around. ''What would you like to do today, Clarke?'' Lexa asked, calmly. ''Could we visit the Natblidas?'' Clarke asked hopefully, ''Of course, If you'd like.'' Lexa replied, with a smile flickering in her eyes. She was glad that Clarke loved the kids already. They set their way to the kids home, walking there for half an hour, enjoying the view around. When they got into the house, Beatrix and the kids were nowhere to be seen, so they walked through the house until they reached outside of the walls, on their way to the fighting 'arena'. On their way there, Lexa noticed the kids along with Beatrix playing in a meadow full of flowers, and Clarke smiled at the sight. Beatrix came up to them as they got closer, ''My apologies, Heda. They begged me to go here.'' She said, apology certain in her eyes. ''It's alright, I'm just glad to see them enjoying themselves.'' Lexa said with a slight nod whilst Clarke went a few meters ahead to meet the kids halfway. When they noticed her, they ran and almost knocked Clarke over, hugging her as she hugged them back, laughing.

''She loves them.'' Beatrix started with a wry smile. ''And they love her.'' Lexa added with her hands clasped in front of her. The kids noticed Lexa now too and ran up to her as they did the same that they did to Clarke.

Afterwards, Lexa and Beatrix discussed something whilst Clarke sat in the field full of flowers with the kids. The kids also taught Clarke how to make flower wraiths, as she never had the chance, as well as they asked about the life on Ark. ''So you lived in a metal box, up there?'' Ajax asked, curiously stating the obvious. ''You could say that.'' Clarke replied with a light laugh that echoed through the air right into Lexa' ears, making her almost melt at the sound.

"How did you survive? We were told that you can die from radiation and no oxygen there." Irates asked, curiosity overtaking his senses. "We were told the same about Earth." Clarke replied as she explained how they got their oxygen from plants. "That's wonderful! They never taught us this here." Achi said as she finished her flower wraith.

"Clarke! I have a gift for you." Zora said excitedly. She showed her the flower wraith she made from various colors of flowers and Clarke smiled as she crouched a little. Zora placed the wraith onto Clarke's head like a crown and then clapped her hands together when Clarke stood up. "I love it. Mochof(Thank you)" Clarke said as she turned to Lexa who was watching the whole interaction between them happen, a hint of smile at the corners of her mouth.