60 - The Pure Perfection that is Y/N L/N

Instead of going to Recovery Girl's office, or to your dorm, like Aizawa advised, you headed off to a small lab in which you'd never been before.

"You!" A girl awed. "You're the Heiress! The Heiress wants me to design her costume!"

"Nevermind I'll get it personally tailored," you grumbled, annoyed by the energy.

"No!" Hatsume squealed. "You should be in the database, I can get you something more perfect than you could ever imagine."

You looked at her cunning eyes, smirk glinting in them. You knew she could easily manipulate people, you'd seen her do it to Iida. But you were more interested by her work rather than her manipulation.

"You get two minutes," you smirked, to which she cheered and frantically typed in the computer, allowing you to scan the products she'd made.

"Refinery and Dragon's Flame, huh?" She asked, looking up at you.

"The one and only," you sighed before lifting up your wrist. "Watch."

You produced small sparks in your palm, something that caused your seal to glow with blinding pain.

"I need to use this move more frequently, especially when absorbing excess heat to store," you explained. "The wristbands I have now won't do."

"Something like that blasty guy's quirk, I could make you some gauntlets," she mumbled, taking a closer look at your arms. "But your hands need full exposure, the gloves really aren't a smart idea."

She instantly removed the gloves and the wristbands, analysing the area before beckoning you to her desk.

"You're familiar with obsidian?" She asked, pulling up pictures.

"Of course, volcanic rock, how could I not be?" You scoffed, taking a closer look at what she was creating.

"This is only in the brainstorming phase, but your heat refinery should essentially be multipurpose," she explained. "Due to your dual quirk, the equipment automatically becomes more expensive as more criteria need to be met. So if it only covered a certain part of your arm...."

She quickly drew a rough sketch, showing you how it would be both a mini refinery as well as a shield.

"It would be protected by obsidian, it's a strong material," she explained. "It's the storage that we have to worry about. You may have to wear a solar panel based generator."

"Alright," you sighed. "Make sure it's lightweight, I gotta move around lots."

She nodded with determination, opening the door for you to exit.

"Oh, before I forget," you smirked, handing her a business card. "Remember the name, you might just be someone I want in my agency."

Hatsume grinned widely, glad that you'd already recruited her for yourself. She didn't understand how you were already so confident that you would open an agency, but she also didn't know that you were richer than many could even fathom.

"Y/N, this is my agency," your mother smiled.

"Da-da?" You asked, looking around for him.

It was less than a week since your dad had died, and you still hadn't realised that he would never return.

"No darling, ma-ma!" She laughed, though the pain was evident in her eyes.

"I want da-da," you whimpered, beginning to cry. "Da-da!"

She wrapped her arms tightly around you, allowing you to cry into her chest, as she gently pressed kisses onto your forehead.

"Y/N, da-da isn't coming back," she whispered, voice hoarse. "I'm sorry. I wish it were different too."

"No.... da-da?" You asked, looking up at her.

"He loves you," she reminded, ruffling your hair as she stood up.

You later inherited that same agency, though it was left in the hands of the sidekicks until you were of age.

Before you could walk much further, you were quickly whacked over the head with a cane and dragged off.

"I've been waiting for you, Aizawa told me you would come!" Recovery Girl groaned. "Why were you off wandering about?"

"I gave in my costume order," you mumbled, as she prodded at you to lie down.

Recovery Girl stood opposite you, glaring down at you distastefully.

"I spoke to Bakugo," she sighed. "He was just like you are. Staying up late, throwing up often, training more than necessary, and eating very little. Damn villains."

"Recovery Girl I promise I'm fine, it's a normal effect isn't it?" You scoffed. "I'll just get over it."

"It's not that easy dear, especially with your existing conditions," she reminded. "I was told you took pills for the first time in years."

That's right, the pills you'd taken on the verge of passing out were mood suppressants. They both energised you while siphoning out the stress that you suddenly harboured with a heavy heart.

"I sparked a bit too much," you confessed. "Which was what I got changed."

"It's fatigue and stress," the doctor explained. "You can't expect perfection of yourself when you know it will never happen. When you know it's impossible because of your roots."

"But my mom managed it!" You defended, only to receive the most broken glance from Recovery Girl you'd ever seen.

"Yuma's past was not too different from yours," she sighed. "But she never listened. It was what killed her in the end."

You couldn't believe it.

The woman who had fought for you since before you could remember, who had so many complications in her life, was told that she was a sunshine - was exactly the same as you?

"Many compare you to your father hoping you inherited his realistic nature," she explained. "Yuma was less reckless, but her optimism and opportunism made it seem as if that were never the case."

"No, mom cares for me, she told me she did," you mumbled. "She told me dad was more reckless, that he was the brash one. She would never lie to me!"

"Y/N your mother had to be perfect, you have to have a perfect image," Recovery Girl explained. "Her parents were alive, it worsened her situation when it came to recklessness. She always stayed in the top twenty, unable to work past that because that would require more action, something that was considered unladylike. You are in the new generation, with your mother's personality. You could be the most successful hero there is if you put your mind to it."

"But?" You asked, knowing there was a condition.

"You need to let go of your perfectionism," she sighed. "No one is perfect, and one day you might find someone like Rintarou to bring the relaxed side out of you, but until then I'll do that job."

'Thank you, for everything, RG,' Yuma grinned, walking out for the last time.

A/N: mother/daughter parallels!!

QOTD: thoughts on the trauma?

QOTD pt 2: so since this is chapter 60, I'll be writing a special. Would you guys like a pure class gc chapter or a no-quirk coffee shop AU?

Have a great day/night!!