41 - The Task at Hand

"Alright what's the plan?" Todoroki gasped as soon as the three of you were safe atop a building.

"Well first let's try avoiding him," you groaned, narrowly dodging a kick to your head.

"Exactly," Yaoyorozu nodded, the three of you taking off to a safer location once more.

"I'll take to the air, fight him directly and stall him, you two go on," you informed the duo, jumping up on roofs with your father's quirk.

"Y/N," Aizawa mumbled as he set sight on you, lips pursed in distaste.

"Sensei," you nodded, digging a heel into the ground, preparing to attack.

"I taught you how to fight as a child, remember?" Aizawa scoffed, attacking you with his capture weapon, aiming for your wrists.

You instantly grabbed it, pulling him close through sheer strength before punching him in the jaw, using your left leg to increase the momentum and sweep him off his feet.

"Kayama taught me things as well," you coughed out. "I'm not just your pupil."

"Kayama taught you well," he mumbled, attempting to get up, but you were faster.

Before he could even regain his balance, you kicked him in the ribs, effectively toppling him over so that he was in the same situation as Todoroki was in before. Hanging from a building, grappling on as he tried to climb up.

"I mean no harm Sensei, but she taught me best," you shrugged, going closer to the edge. "Now, I've got places to be."

You looked down at him, a smile playing at your lips before you stepped on his fingers, the man effectively falling down as you took off.

"Alright, I've stalled long enough, we've got an angry man on our trail now," you panted as soon as you saw them standing behind a huge ice wall.

"What?!" Yaoyorozu panicked, ready to use her quirk once more to create more weapons, though you stopped her.

"Your plan- your plan should work," you breathed out. "He can't kill us remember?"

"Good point," Todoroki nodded, strengthening the ice wall that already stood.

"You did a good job with the wall, and Yaoyorozu-San's defence should work as well," you assured him. "I can't help much from here on out, so I'm relying on you and your command, Yaoyorozu-San."

The girl gasped softly, gripping the carbon fabric she'd created.

"Momo," she mumbled. "You can call me Momo, Y/N-Sama."

You looked at the girl in mild shock, surprised that she thought the two of you were close.

The same girl who didn't even have the confidence to speak up about her plan, now had the courage to speak up to someone more politically powerful and influential than her, who could easily ruin her life with the snap of a finger.

"Momo doesn't have a nice ring to it," you laughed, smiling at the girl who only stared in horror. "Yao-momo?"

"Perfect!" Momo beamed, glad that you'd accepted her as your friend.

Momo then explained the plan, once a huge machine that you recognised as a catapult had been created.

"Y/N-Sama, I'm going to need to use you as bait," Momo panted. "Todoroki-San, you release your fire once he jumps us."

You froze briefly, confused by her reaction.

"How did you know he was nearby?" You asked, already having known due to your heat sensing.