48 - Stake your life, Hero!

— Part 3: Begin! —

'Attention dear students! This is a villain attack! You may use your quirks under the permission of your mentor Eraserhead, solely for defence!'

Mandalay's voice rung through your head as you followed Midoriya, surely into a trap of sorts that the villains had created.

"Midoriya-San we don't even know why the villains are here, what makes you think they'll target the kid," you groaned, though the greenette pushed forward.

"It's the perfect trap to get the heroes out," he responded simply.

"You aren't a hero, no matter how much training you have! You're running to your death for a kid you barely know!" You yelled, landing on a cliff beside him.

You rarely raised your voice. You were a calm person, had to be, for otherwise your quirk would act out. Dangerous mood swings only put others at risk.

"Y/N he's a kid, I can't let him die!" Midoriya responded, trudging ahead. "Think about Mandalay, our training would go to waste if we can't protect her nephew!"

"Fine," you sighed coldly, balling your fists up by your side, nails digging into your palms. "Go save him. It's what a hero would do. Save him while our classmates fight for their lives."

"You don't understand, Kacchan might be kidnapped, we have to stop the villain and get more information!" Midoriya groaned, causing you to freeze.

"Bakugo-kun might get kidnapped?" You parrotted.

"It's why they're here, now come on, we're nearly there," he scoffed, pushing past a boulder.

The sight in front of you was truly horrid. A man with so many muscles, back towards you, towering over the victim. But the victim wasn't Izumi Kota.

"Dad?" You whispered, rubbing your eyes.

The man was dead, someone who'd been brutally murdered by the same person who killed the Water Hose duo a few years later.

While you stood in frozen shock as you realised whom you were up against, Midoriya had already taken the first few steps and pushed Kota out of the way.

"Deku-kun!" You gasped, rushing in behind him. "He's a killer, you can't get involved!"

"Firefly, it'll be fine," he sighed, pointing to the boy behind you, activating his quirk. "I'll fight the man who killed the Water Hose duo, to protect Kota."

You only nodded, preparing your quirk as well. The same quirk that had burnt your house down. The same quirk that resulted in your father's death. But this time you had your elder brothers by your side, both of whom would fight alongside you.

Midoriya jumped up, landing a punch against the villain, only to be kicked back into the wall.

In the short time span in which Muscular couldn't see you, you did something you never thought you'd do. You jumped in, your father's quirk activated, a kick aimed for the villain. When he did see you, it was too late, for your foot had already made contact with his face.

"Our strength can't do anything except deter him," you explained, skidding back to where Midoriya was. "Meaning one of us may get severely injured or even die."

Your father's quirk was rather simple, you absorbed heat energy and converted this energy into chemical energy for your muscles. It strengthened your ATP, often increasing adrenaline as well. However, an overuse of the quirk would result in damage to the muscles, increased production of lactic acid, heat stroke, and in extreme cases, a heart attack due to the lack of oxygen and increased adrenaline.

You were well aware that if you wanted to protect the child you would have to sacrifice yourself. It's what your father did thirteen years ago, it's what you would do now.

"We can't let that happen," Midoriya coughed out, jumping up to punch him once more.

Muscular instantly grabbed him by the leg before he could even land a punch, and flung him to the ground as if he was nothing but a fly.

The villain repeatedly did so, punching him and taunting him, losing sight of his surroundings until he felt a weight around his shoulders.

"Just because you're super strong doesn't mean you can't feel pain, I'm assuming?" You asked, wrapping your legs around his neck in a chokehold, peeling off the muscle fibres one by one. "You're not a great villain, I wouldn't even call you a school bully. You're just pathetic."

Muscular struggled under your grip, which only tightened as you noticed him attempting to pry your legs off.

"You're only scary because you're strong, without your strength you're nothing," you continued, digging your nails into his flesh. "No friends, no allies, no strategy. Only orders from the big boss to kidnap young mister Bakugo Katsuki. I bet the big boss didn't even tell you who he was?"

That seemed to be the last straw.

Muscular instantly threw you off, grabbing Midoriya and throwing him on top of you, the two of you being a mess of blood and wounds.

Though before he could go any further, Kota threw a rock at him, blaming the villain for killing his parents.

"My fault?" He asked, laughing. "It was never my fault, it was their fault for trying to convince me against killing. It was their fault for intervening. The only ones that should be blamed are those who can't do anything yet still act."

Kota quivered as Muscular walked closer, the man reeling his arm back for a punch. Midoriya was barely conscious, his broken body on your lap, leaving you no choice but to save the boy.

"Your parents were pathetic to think they could ever stop me and survive, kid," Muscular laughed, striking his arm down to punch the boy.

But you rushed inbetween, holding the boy close, your back turned to his fist to protect yourselves as you prepared for an impactful blow that would change your life. A punch that would render you quadriplegic, perhaps even kill you.

But the impact never came.

In fact, quite the opposite. Fighting Muscular was none other than your friend Midoriya Izuku, bruised and bloody, raining down punch after punch unto him. Though what surprised you even more was the extent he was willing to go to.

'One for All.... 100%'

A/N: lmao more backstory on Y/N

QOTD: thoughts on the fight so far?

Have a great day/night!!