19 - Unaware

"Heiress," Todoroki called.

You nodded in acknowledgment as you turned to face him. A glare was etched onto his face as he pointed at a figure behind you.

Endeavour stood in the podiums, his usually bright flames that surrounded him beginning to fizzle out.

You sighed and walked away, well aware of your mother's warnings when it came to dealing with the man.

All the students were soon gathered in front of the podium again, where Midnight would explain the second task.

"Cavalry battle!" She announced, causing an excited murmur amongst you. "You've all received headbands with your points on them. Now it's up to you to team up in groups of two to four and receive the maximum number of points. But beware, the first placed student of the obstacle race has a grand total of 10 Million points!"

Everyone eyed Midoriya, who stood closer to the front, each one of you wanting the points he had. The points were sorted by the position after the obstacle race, so yours read 205 as you arrived second.

You looked around, watching as everyone got into their teams.

"Tenya!" You called, waving at him. "Wanna team up?"

He pursed his lips and looked down, conflict evident in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Y/N, but teaming up with you would be the easy way out. I want to defeat you as well," he sighed, before heading over to someone else who'd called him.

"Y/N-Dono!" Ojiro called, grinning at you. "You look like you need a team, Aoyama-kun and I are already teamed up, wanna join?"

You nodded, before noticing a fourth person walk up to you.

"You're the guy that waged war on our class!" You exclaimed as he reached you, remembering the incident two weeks ago.

"I need a team, you could use a fourth person," he shrugged, to which the three of you declined in sync.

Suddenly, you went stiff, unable to move as the space around you warped into an empty void opposing the bright daylight there was before.

'Y/N?' Someone called.

A voice so familiar it almost seemed like a fever dream. You turned around to see a figure you hadn't seen in nearly a decade, long silky hair flowing on her shoulders just as smoothly as you remembered it.

'Y/N is that you?' She asked, walking over to you.

You instantly tensed, attempting to prepare your quirk, though nothing worked.

You didn't feel the usual rushing of warmth, rather, you only felt the stone cold air of the atmosphere surrounding you.

'You aren't hallucinating, you're in your mind,' she whispered. 'This is the mind of your quirk.'

You scanned your surroundings once more, hoping to see something appear, but nothing did.

'The mind of our quirk,' your mother finished.

You pursed your lips, looking down at your blank wrists which previously held the family seal on them.

'How do I get out?' You asked, to which your mother's eyes widened at your harsh tone, as she looked down in slight disappointment.

'You can't,' she sighed. 'Even when I'm dead, I'd like to see something other than pure black.'

'Well I'm not dead,' you pointed out. 'And I have both yours and Dad's quirks.'