Chapter 66

Christmas Eve
Buffalo
3pm

Tony, Kristina & Sophia arrived at David's house two days ago. They helped put up the Christmas tree & decorate. David showed them the renovated basement, which is where they've been sleeping. Tony & Kristina have been helping David in the kitchen with all the food preparations. Genevieve & Javier knock on the front door. Kristina rushes to answer it.
"Merry Christmas", they say as they hug.

"Where's títí's baby?", Genevieve asks happily.
"In her high chair in the kitchen." They follow her & Genevieve says hi to Sophia first. She picks Sophia up & says hi to Tony & David. Javier says hello.
"So, what's for dinner?", Javier asks.
"Pozole, tamales, black beans, Spanish rice, ham", Kristina replies.
"Sounds great", he says. Genevieve walks over to the living room & plays with Sophia.

A couple of hours later, Tony & Kristina go change since people have begun to arrive. Two of her aunt's, uncles & their kids are the first people to attend. Peter & his newest girlfriend along with Javier's mom will be arriving later. Rhodey & Happy are staying at the tower with Bruce, Natasha & Steve. Kristina comes upstairs wearing a loose long sleeved blouse & jeans while Tony wears a short sleeved blue shirt & jeans. They say hi to everyone while David puts on some music.

Genevieve feeds Sophia.
"Food is ready for anyone who wants to eat", David says. Genevieve hands Sophia over to Kristina so she can eat.
"Go eat, babe. I got her."
"You're not gonna eat?", Tony asks.
"I will. In a bit. Go." Tony goes to make a plate when Kristina's aunt comes over to her.
"Not hungry?"
"I'm ok, tía."
"Nonsense.(she takes Sophia) Go eat with your husband. I'll take her."

"Tía, you don't need to."
"Yes, I do. I haven't seen her yet. I got her. Go. Go eat." She kisses her aunt's cheek.
"Thank you." Kristina heads to the check to fix herself a plate & sits at the kitchen table with Tony & David.
"Rosa took Sophia, right?", David asks.
"Yeah." He chuckles. They talk & eat. Kristina peeks over at her aunt who is dancing with Sophia.

When they're finished, Kristina comes over to her aunt.
"How's she doing?"
"She's great. We're getting along really well", Rosa replies. Kristina sits next to her on the couch.
"How's everything going with you & Tony?"
"Things are great. Just busy."
"Yup, that's the worst part about being an adult. You're always busy. Do you think you & Tony would want another baby?"

"We haven't really talked about it."
"You should, Kristina. Sophia needs a sibling. I bet she'd be a great big sister."
"I'll keep that in mind, tia." There's a knock on the door & David answers it. Peter comes walking into the living with his newest girlfriend.
"Hey everyone", Peter says. David introduces everyone to Peter's his girlfriend.

Tony comes over to Kristina.
"Michelle, this is Kristina."
"Hi. So nice to meet you, I've heard alot about you", Michelle says sticking her hand out. Kristina shakes her hand.
"It's great to meet you too. This is my husband Tony", Kristina says gesturing behind her.
"Wow. Tony Stark. Wonderful to meet you", she smiles.
"Great to meet you too. Good to see you Peter", Tony smiles.
"Likewise, Tony."

"Oh my gosh. Who is this little button?"
"This is our daughter, Sophia." Michelle smiles at Sophia.
"Hi, Sophia." Sophia smiles.
"She's adorable", Michelle states.
"We all know she gets it from her mother", Tony says. They all chuckle.
"If you're hungry, there's plenty of food in the kitchen, help yourself", Kristina says.
"Oh awesome. Thanks. I'm starving", Michelle replies. Peter takes her in the kitchen & they make themselves a plate.

Kristina kisses Tony. Sophia nuzzles up to Tony & he picks her up once they pull apart.
"She seems nice", Kristina says.
"Yeah. She does." As the night goes on, everybody eats, talks, laughs, tells stories & dances. One of Kristina's favorite bachata songs comes on & Tony hands Genevieve Sophia. He grabs Kristina's hand & they dance together.
"You've gotten better", Kristina states.
"Thank you. I had a hot ass teacher", he smirks.

"How hot is she?"
"Very hot. Hottest woman alive." She stops dancing & kisses him passionately.
"Hey. None of that, that's how you ended up with a baby", Javier teases. Tony & Kristina pull apart, laughing. Peter & Michelle join Tony, Kristina, Genevieve & Javier in the living room.

"Mind if we join?", Michelle asks.
"Not at all. Come sit", Kristina says making room for them.
"Dinner was so good", Peter says.
"Yeah, seriously good", Michelle adds.
"Thanks. My dad's a great cook. So, tell us about you Michelle. How'd you & Peter meet?"
"Starbucks. Five months ago. I was coming in & he was walking out. I bumped into him, spilled his coffee on his shirt & jeans. I paid for another one & we started talking. Asked him out to dinner to make it up to him & here we are months later."

"Oh cute. So, what ethnicity are you?"
"My mom's Spanish & my dad is black & Cuban."
"Nice mix", Genevieve says.
"Thanks. What about you, Genevieve?"
"Barbadian & Bahamian. My mom's family is from Bahamas & dad's family are from Barbados."
"Ooh. That's so cool. Peter told me that you grew up with Javier."
"Javier, Peter, Kristina & myself all grew up together. But we didn't date til years later."

"I see. (she smiles at Kristina) Peter told me you started working for Tony as his assistant. How did that blossom into all of this?", Michelle asks. Kristina smiles at Tony.
"Haha, funny story..."
"She was hired by my best friend, who is my head of security & personal driver. I was immediately attracted to her but she flirted with said friend on her first day", Tony states.
"Not my finest moment because he caught me." They all chuckle.

"Anyway, after working my first week Genevieve showed up outside my job & I introduced them. She looked at me & said you're right he's hotter in person. I was so embarrassed but after that, we began flirting then later it developed into a relationship & here we are now, married with a baby", she smiles.
"You guys look happy together."
"We are", Tony says.
"That's great. I love seeing couples so happy & in love."

As the hours fly by, it's now 10:30 & Kristina's family begins to leave. They say goodbye & David joins them in the living room.
"Gimme my grandbaby", he says. Tony passes Sophia to him.
"Are you guys planning on having another one?", Michelle asks.
"We really haven't thought about it", Tony says.
"What about you, Michelle? Do you want children?", Kristina asks.

"Well, I look at it this way...if it happens, it happens. You know? I know Peter doesn't want any", Michelle states.
"Yeah. I'm already getting up there in age & I highly doubt it will happen", he says. Kristina is taken aback by this.
"Míja, I'm going to put her to bed."
"Do you want me to do it, dad?"
"No. I got it. You guys keep talking", he says getting up.

"How old is Sophia?"
"She'll be four months on the 28th", Kristina says.
"Since you all are here...I wanted to invite you for a night out on my birthday. Was thinking of getting food then clubbing", Peter says.
"I'm down", Genevieve smiles.
"Me too", Javier replies.
"Kris? Tony? What do you say?"

"Sure. Send me all the information", Tony says.
"Yes! Awesome!" Kristina & Genevieve exchange a quick glance unsure why Tony said yes so quickly.
"We should be get going. It's getting late & I don't want to keep the baby up with the noise", Michelle says.
"Of course. Thanks for coming", Kristina says standing.
"Thank you for inviting us." Michelle gives Kristina a hug.

"It was wonderful to meet his long time friends", she smiles.
"It was wonderful to meet you as well." Peter hugs Genevieve, Javier & Kristina.
"We'll see you guys later. Goodnight. Merry Christmas."
"Merry Christmas", they all reply. Michelle & Peter leave.
"I think we should get going, beautiful", Javier says to Genevieve.
"Yeah, you're right." They all hug & say goodbye.
"Drive safe, you two. Merry Christmas", Tony says.
"Merry Christmas", they say in unison. Tony & Kristina close the door then clean up.