Chapter 39

As the weeks pass, Tony creates & tests out his newly designed Iron Man suits. Since Kristina's hands are smaller than Tony's, he asks for her help in switching out the arc reactor for a new one. During one of his suit testings, he crashes through the mansion landing on top of one of his cars. Kristina gifts Tony his old reactor.

Tony & Kristina attend a fundraiser together, which is their first public event since he arrived home

Tony & Kristina attend a fundraiser together, which is their first public event since he arrived home. It is here that he finds out from Christine Everhart that Stark Industries own missiles had been delivered to the Ten Rings & were used them to attack Gulmira.

Tony leaves the event quickly but Obie tell him to take a few photos for the press. He whispers to Tony that he was the one who convinced the board of directors to file the injunction. Tony feels betrayed & heads home, leaving Kristina at the party. Strapping into his newest Iron Man suit, he flies to Afghanistan to destroy the missiles. On his way back home, the Ten Rings find the shattered parts of the suit Tony used to escape, scattered in the desert.

Two F-22 Raptors from the U.S. air force begin attacking Tony. Tony calls Rhodey & reveals that it's him that they're attacking. The Ten Rings leader meets with Obadiah. Obadiah kills them all & steals the suit for himself. When he returns to Stark Industries, he takes the suit over to the scientists to issue a new suit using the leftover pieces. Around this time, Tony sends Kristina to hack into Stark Industries computer system from Obadiah's office to find out if any other weapons were delivered to the Ten Rings that he was unaware of.

Kristina transfers the information she finds onto a USB drive. However, the second it's completely downloaded Obadiah walks in. Kristina puts on a poker face as he comes around the desk to talk with her. Kristina leaves, grabbing the USB & covers it with the newspaper. Obadiah asks for the newspaper so she hands it to him as he is unaware that she is holding the USB in her hand. She rushes down the stairs & runs into Agent Coulson from S.H.I.E.L.D, they walk to her office. As Obadiah watches them knowing she hacked into his computer.

Obadiah leaves & heads over Tony's house since the scientists told him they can't replicate the arc reactor. Kristina calls Tony & he answers. However, Obadiah uses the sonic taser to paralyze him so he can steal Tony's chest arc reactor. Rhodey rushes over to Tony's after finding out what Kristina now knows about Obie's dealings. Tony was able to make it down to his workshop to install his old arc reactor. Kristina & several S.H.I.E.L.D agents are about to arrest Obadiah but he puts on the suit & attacks them.

Stane & Tony battle each other. During the fight, Tony tells Kristina to overload the arc reactor. The powerful blast knocks Obie unconscious & kills him. The next day at the press conference, Tony unexpectedly admits that he is, in fact, Iron Man.