Chapter 30

The next morning

Kristina & Tony take one last steamy shower before they pack up & head to the airport hanger. They dry off & get dressed quickly. Happy knocks on the door & Tony opens it as he's getting dressed.

"You two ready to leave yet?"
"Almost", Kristina says. Tony & Kristina grab their things & all three head down to the lobby. Rhodey is waiting for them near the entrance.
"Good morning, Rhodey", Kristina says.
"Morning sunshine." They all walk out of the hotel & into a waiting limo.

Everyone piles in & finds a seat. Tony sits next to Kristina & rests in hand on her thigh as she crosses her legs. Finally the driver drives off. About fifteen minutes later, the arrive at the airport hanger.

"We're all ready for take off, Mr

"We're all ready for take off, Mr. Stark", the pilot says.
"Great. Let's go people." They all grab their bags & board the plane. They get seated & buckle in. Kristina's phone dings & she checks her phone. Genevieve sends her a screenshot of an article.

A photo of Tony, Kristina & Peter with a headline that reads: Love Triangle?
"What the fuck?!", Kristina says loudly.
"What's wrong?", Tony asks.
"According to the media, we are in a love triangle. You, me & my ex", Kristina says showing him the photo. Tony reviews it & pulls out his phone.

"I'll be right back", he says walking away. Happy, Rhodey & Kristina share a look. Several minutes pass by when Kristina decides to go check on him.

"I don't give a fuck who said to print it! You published an article that includes my girlfriend. The whole story is a complete fabrication. If you don't remove that goddamn article by the time I land in Malibu,(checks watch) in approximately two hours, you will have the biggest fucking lawsuit on your hands. Do I make myself clear?", he menacingly says. Tony looks up & sees Kristina.

"Good. I expect to hear back when it's removed." He hangs up & throws his phone into the nearest seat.
"You ok?", Kristina asks, walking over to him. She wraps her arms around his neck.
"Yeah. I'm just pissed."
"You didn't have to do that. You know that, right?"

 You know that, right?"

"No, I did. My personal life is exactly that. Personal." She kisses him when suddenly her phone rings. She pulls away, takes it out of her pocket & answer it.

"Peter?"
"Did you see the article?"
"Yeah. Viev sent it to me."
"Dammit. I'm sorry, Kris."
"It's fine, Peter. Shit happens."
"I'm sorry, did I hear you correctly? Why are you not mad?"

"Oh, believe me I'm fuming. But I'm not giving those assholes the satisfaction."
"That's good then. Well, I bothered you enough. I'll talk to you soon."
"Alright. Thanks for checking in." They both hang up.

"I'm sorry you had to hear all that", Tony says.
"Don't apologize. It's sexy seeing you so in charge like that."
"Oh, you like that, do you?" She bites her lip.
"Mm-hmm." A notification pops up on her phone. She stares at it for a moment.

"Everything ok?", he asks

"Yeah. Sorry, just junk emails. That's all." She puts her phone back into her pocket.
"Come on. Let's go sit down." They finally join Happy & Rhodey.
"Took you long enough", Rhodey says. They all talk about Vegas & what they did.
A little while later, they arrive at the Malibu airport hanger.

They all pile in the car after grabbing their luggage & head to the mansion. They arrive a while later.
"Home sweet home", Tony says. His phone rings & he walks away to answer it. Kristina has been quiet the entire ride home. Soon she & Tony head upstairs to unpack. Kristina puts her clothes away.
"What's wrong?", Tony asks.
"Nothing. Why?"

"Because I know you well enough to know when it's not nothing."
"It's nothing, Tony." He hears the slight annoyance in her voice. He walks up to her.
"Look me in my eyes & tell it's nothing." She doesn't look at him.
"Do not make me repeat myself, Kristina", he warns. She looks up at him.
"I'm three weeks late." Tony is shocked.

"Do you think you're pregnant?"
"I don't know, Tony. I'm freaking out a bit."
"Ok. Well, I'll go to the pharmacy to get you a test."
"No, it's fine.." He interrupts.
"No. We need to know. I'll be back", he says. He grabs his keys & walks out the room. Kristina finishes unpacking & sits on the bed. Fifteen minutes later, Tony walks into the bedroom.

He dumps the tests on the bed.
"Didn't know which one was most effective so I bought three different brands." She grabs a box & heads to the bathroom. She uses both sticks & waits for the results. She walks out of the bathroom & looks over at Tony.
"We have to wait three minutes for the results."
"Sure. Come sit with me."

She sits right next to him & he places his arm around her. She leans into him & he kisses the top of her head.
"What if I am pregnant? What do we do?"
"We will handle it, alright?"
"Do you even want kids, Tony?", she asks pulling away.
"I'm not opposed to the idea."
"We should've talked about this considering you never pull out."

"Are you complaining about me not pulling out cuz from what I've seen, you enjoy it." She looks over at him & they laugh. The timer goes off & Kristina goes into the bathroom & checks the results. She comes back out, looking down & holding the tests in her hands.
"So, what does it say?" She looks up.
"It's negative. Both of them."

He walks over to her & rubs her shoulder.
"Is it wrong to be relieved & upset that they're negative?", she whispers.
"No. That's how I'm feeling too."
"You want to have a baby with me?"
"If that's what you wanted."
"But this should be something we BOTH want not just me, Tony." He sighs.
"I didn't mean it like that. I meant....if we talked about it & agreed to it, I wouldn't mind having a baby with you."

She kisses his cheek.
"I don't know if right now would be the best idea."
"Whatever you say, baby. There's no rush."