Chapter 22

The next day
6pm

Kristina finishes getting ready. She heads down to her car & drives off to Tony's house. Happy sees her pulling up.
"Tony, she's here." She parks & gets out.
"Hey Happy", she says smiling. She walks up to him & kisses his cheek.

"Hi. You look beautiful as always. Tony's waiting for you." He walks away.
She walks into the house & hears music playing. She walks in to the living room & sees Tony.
"Wow. You look amazing." She smiles.
"Thank you. So do you." They kiss & he walks her into the kitchen.

The table is set up & food is waiting on the table

"You cooked?", she asks.
"I did. And before you ask, no I didn't order out. I actually cooked."
He pulls out her chair & she sits. She pushes in her chair as he grabs a bouquet of flowers to hand to her.

"Aww. Tony. They're beautiful. Thank you." He smiles.
"You're welcome." He sits down & tells her to take off the lid to her plate. She lifts the lid & sees a plate of creamy Tuscan chicken, risotto & a salad.

"Oh my god, Tony. This smells amazing. This is so romantic", she says smiling.
"Good. I'm glad you love it. Dig in." They eat dinner & talk. Once they're done, she loads the dishwasher.

"Come with me", he says. He drags her to the couch. They sit down & he looks nervous.
"Is everything alright?", she asks.
"I love you & I want to know your opinion on moving in." She is stunned.

"You want me to move in?", she asks unsure. He nods, touching her face.
"You're here all the time anyway so why not make it official. Only if that's what you want of course."

"Are you sure about this?", she asks

"Are you sure about this?", she asks. He smiles.
"I am. My mind is made up. So what do you say?" She smiles, wrapping her arms around his neck.
"I say yes. I would love to move in", she replies. They kiss.
"When should I move in?", she asks.

"Whenever you want", he replies.
"What if I wanted to move in tonight?", she jokes. He smirks.
"I could arrange everything for you, if you wanted to move in tonight." She smiles.
"You're so amazing. I love you."
"I love you too." They kiss.

"By the way. I got you something", he says getting up. He grabs a bag from the hall closet. He hands it to her.
"Tony, you didn't have to get me anything", she says taking out the big box from the bag. She puts the box on the table & opens it.

It's a short nude bodycon dress.
"Tony! Wha-"
"I saw you staring at it, contemplating whether to buy it or not when we went shopping last week."
"I know but baby, this was expensive." He stands up.

"Oh. (snaps fingers) I just remembered something." He gets up as Kristina stands up holding the dress against her body. He pulls out another bag. It says Tom Ford in bold letters on the bag.
"Do not tell me it's what I think it is." He shrugs, handing it to her.

She takes out the box & gasps. It's the black & gold strap heels she's been wanting.
"Tony. No. Baby.(she looks up) this is all way too expensive. You didn't have to do this." He kisses her but she pulls away. She's about to say something but he interrupts.

"Shut up & kiss me dammit." She laughs as he kisses her deeply.

She moans lightly

She moans lightly. He pulls away, holding her face.
"Happy early birthday. I know it's expensive but that doesn't matter to me. Making you happy does. I expect to see you wearing these when I take you out this weekend."

"Where are we going?", she asks.
"Dinner at one of the best restaurants downtown & dancing." She looks surprised.
"I thought you don't dance."
"I'll do it for you", he smirks. She kisses him & hugs him.

"How the hell did I get so lucky?", she asks.
"Because you couldn't resist me", he says arrogantly. She rolls her eyes.
"You persuaded me first so you couldn't resist me, Mr. Stark. Not the other way around." He laughs.
"Let's agree to disagree", he says.

She chuckles.
"Ugh. Fine." Happy walks in.
"So? What's the verdict?" They both smile.
"I'm moving in", Kristina says excitedly. Happy smiles.
"Haha I knew it. I'm happy for you guys", he says.

Tony & Happy talk while Kristina goes to grab a carton of ice cream. She walks over to the couch & turns on the tv.
"Ooh old episodes of ER", she says. Tony & Happy sit down.
"I can't believe you watch this", Tony says. She chuckles.

"Oh shut up. It's so good", she says eating a big spoonful of pistachio ice cream. Tony rolls his eyes.

"Tony, I can literally see you", she says

"Tony, I can literally see you", she says. He laughs.
"Not like I was hiding it." Happy laughs.
"I swear you guys were made for one another." They look at each other making nasty faces. Happy laughs.
"See what I mean."

They all laugh, watch a movie, hang out until Kristina heads home. Kristina gets a text as she drives home. She arrives home not long after & parks. It's a text from her dad.

"Hey kiddo. Just checking in. Call me when you get the chance. Love you."

She smiles reading the texts. She walks into her house & sits on the couch. She calls her & they talk for about an hour. Afterwards, Kristina head upstairs to her room.

She changes into her pjs & gets ready for bed. She climbs into bed, puts her phone on the charger & falls asleep quickly.