CHAPTER 29 - THE REVEAL

I pulled my buzzing phone from my bag, my eyes lighting up when I realized the name that had appeared on the screen. Mina. She must've made it home safely.

Mina <3: I'm back!!!

Y/N: I miss you ☹ Turns out Jia is evil.

Y/N: Didn't take long for her to reveal her true colors once it was just the two of us.

Mina <3: I always got that vibe from her, tbh.

Y/N: Hobi got stuck partnered with her...

Mina <3: If she touches my man, I WILL cut her. >>

Mina <3: Who are you partnered with?

Y/N: Namjoon!

Y/N: ...and I'm pretty sure he will kill me if I'm late so I've gotta go. ☹

Mina <3: Slay that bitch, y/n!!! Love you. <3

Y/N: Oh, I will. <3

I grabbed the rest of my things and rushed down to the studio before I would be forced to suffer through a stern talking to from Namjoon. Talking to Mina even just for a short while gave me a massive burst of energy, and I was fully ready to tackle songwriting.

"Did you think more about what you want to write about?" Namjoon questioned as I took a seat at his side. He was already preparing the computer and getting everything set up for the two of us.

I smiled contentedly, "yes, after talking with Jungkook yesterday I actually went back to my room and started on some lyrics."

"Well, do tell," he chuckled.

"I plan to write about persevering even when things are difficult- finding a reason to go on," I started. "And how I want to be there for the seven of you as a source of comfort and support when things are tough."

Namjoon nodded his head thoughtfully, "you're a good girl, Y/N." He flashed me a small smile as he stared down at his hands. "I think I can start on my part, too."

After spending these weeks with the seven of them, I had grown attached to each and every one of them. I truly wanted to be there on their journey to watch them succeed and grow. But I wanted to be there for their failures too. I wanted to be there for all of it. This song was my way to express that feeling to them. It was my way to say thank you for everything they'd done for me throughout this experience. Hopefully it wouldn't be a farewell, but the start of something new.

We spent the next few hours bouncing ideas back and forth, sharing lyrics, and testing things against the track. After listening to Namjoon's verse, I was overcome with amazement. I knew he was talented, that much was obvious, but it was different to watch him create in action. He perfectly matched the theme of what I wanted to convey in his own unique style.

A staff member poked her head in as we were preparing to record some lines. "Sorry to interrupt, but can you both please join us in the main room?"

I looked over to Namjoon in confusion, but he shook his head with the same puzzled look as me. Clearly, he was as much in the dark as I was. I shrugged my shoulders and followed behind the staff member, praying that I wasn't in trouble for something ridiculous again.

"Where are we going?" Namjoon broke the silence as we walked.

"U-uh, it's just something for the show," the staff member replied nervously. "Sorry, I'm not supposed to say."