CHAPTER 17 - THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND

"Okay, but who is that gorgeous man that came here to see you?" Mina asked with her jaw nearly hitting the floor. "I thought we were team Jungkook...but this guy is cute, too. I support you either way," she babbled.

I rubbed at my temples, staring up at the ceiling from my position laid on the bed. I was listening to Mina's excited rambling, but only as background noise, as I thought about my impending doom. I needed to clear things up with Jungkook before he really got the wrong idea.

"I mean, he was acting really sweet with you, definitely flirty...I was watching," Mina said wagging her finger. She came and pounced down on the bed next to me, poking me in the sides. "Are you even listening, Y/N?"

"I know you are having fun running wild in your imagination right now, but Jackson is just a friend from my childhood," I replied, shaking my head vigorously.

"Wow."

"What?"

"That is so romantic," Mina whined, clapping her hands together and squealing with enthusiasm.

"Mina, my life is not a K-drama," I rolled my eyes. "Jackson and I are practically family, and we have never had feelings for each other."

"Maybe YOU have never had feelings for him, but if I know anything, and I have a fantastic intuition, then I'd be willing to bet that he couldn't say the same about you." Mina jumped up off the bed and began digging through her clothes. "....and you can figure that out tonight at the party."

The what?

Mina pulled out a lavender, floral mini dress and held it up against her body. "How's this?" she said turning to me for approval. "Hoseok will be there...well, all of them will."

"What do you mean all of them?" I asked, raising from the bed slowly. "It's cute. Wear the strappy heels with it."

"All of BTS," she hummed, grabbing the shoes I recommend. "...and your friend Jackson," she chuckled, emphasizing the word 'friend'. "Actually, Jungkook invited him."

I dragged my hands down face, grumbling in protest. "Oh, no...why!?" I groaned. I could think of only one reason why Jungkook would invite Jackson to hang out after his clear distaste for the man- to make it very clear that I was his. I couldn't lie, I did find the slight jealousy and possessiveness attractive, but I was not looking forward to the awkwardness. At least Jungkook would be able to see that Jackson did not view me in that way.

I hurriedly picked out an outfit, tidied my hair, and threw on some makeup to make myself presentable. I wore a fitted, black spaghetti strap dress with a long-sleeved sheer, white turtleneck underneath. I poked at my body in the mirror, feeling a bit self-conscious and nervous about the party. In addition to the weirdness of having Jackson and Jungkook back in the same room together after the tension I felt from their meeting earlier, this was also my first time meeting the rest of the BTS members.

"The knee-high boots," Mina said, poking her head around the corner. "The vibe is battle royale for Y/N's heart!"

I stuck my tongue out at her grumpily. She was right though; the boots were it. "Let's just go," I said pulling the black fabric up my lower legs.

The party was happening in Hoseok's room. As Mina and I approached the door, we could already hear music playing inside. I took the lead and knocked on the door, unsure if anyone would even hear us to let us in. Surprisingly, the door opened quickly, and we were met with a tall, broad-shouldered man.

"Welcome in. I'm Jin, nice to meet you," he spoke, beckoning us inside. "Come now, I know it's hard not to be frozen in awe by my striking good looks, but you should probably get out of the hallway before a staff member spots you."