Chapter 32

RYUJIN

I turned and hugged her tightly, then let go to face her, our hands on one other's waists.

"I missed you too." I said. Letting go a sigh due to overthinking. 

"Are you okay?" Yeji asked.

Maybe she noticed it in my voice. Of course, she knows. She knows me too well.

"Yes." I said. "But I'm worried."

"Why?" She was confused.

We sat on the nearest bench outside the building and settled there so we can talk. I told her about the transfer thing that might happen soon.

Honestly, I wanted to hide it from her unless everything is sure. But, I promised to be honest so hiding this will just affect our relationship.

And yes. She's mad.

"I'll talk to dad." Yeji was firm. She stood up and was about to go inside the building but I immediately stopped her.

"Let's.. let's not get mad, baby." I tried to calm her down. "I'll attend the meeting tomorrow first."

"No. It's obvious. I know what he's trying to do, Ryujin." She uttered. "I told you. I cannot forgive myself if anything related to you gets affected just because of me."

"It's not because of you, okay?" I told her. "Maybe the other branch really needs us? Our project is a success and gained a lot of attention. Let's look it at that way."

"I know. I know it's a success but everything is just not adding up. Everything is so timely."

She was right. 

I've worked for that company for years and have done numerous successful projects, but transferring to another branch was never a possibility because the corporation once informed me that they needed me because of my dedication.

"I'll just go with him on weekend if that's what he wants." She said.

Worried. I can see it on her face. So I hugged her tight and swayed our bodies together to calm her down.

"Let's not make decisions based on what we feel right now." I told her. "I know you're mad, and I am, too. Busan is too far away. But if we have to prove to him we'll still be strong even if he do this, I'll just get myself transferred. Just don't go there in that house. We both know how much you suffered there."

Yeji was lonely in that house. When I listen to her stories about her childhood, I just felt it.

How her parents never go with her in school during family activities.

How her parents ignore her achievements in school and never even celebrate it with her. Even when she try to initiate a celebration.

How she never feel home even when they call it home.

"I don't want to be far away from you." She told me.

"Me too, baby. Me too." I said and kissed her forehead. "Ms. Yoon said declining is far from reality, since it's part of our contract."

"Let's just.. let's just talk to my dad together?"

"I don't think that's a good thing when we both know he hates the idea of us being together." I told her.

"Let's just go to other country." She suggested. "Or your hometown.. and live there."

I giggled and kissed the mole on her nose. "What if we just get married then?"

That was supposed to be just me playing along with her ideas when suddenly the atmosphere became serious because of her reaction.

"I'm curious."

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Do you think about the idea of marrying me?" She asked. "If things are good and not complicated."

"Even if it is complicated, yes is the only answer." I told her and looked around. When I noticed it's just the two of us, I gave her a quick peck on her lips. 

"Really?" 

"Yes, baby." 

"We haven't even said those words yet to each other." She uttered. 

I looked at her with a confused eyes but later on understood what she was trying to say. 

'I love you'.

"I-"

She stopped my mouth by putting her index finger on it. "Don't say it because I asked you too." I giggled. "Say that to me when I most need it. Now is not the time yet. I want our first exchange of that words to be special."

"May I know the reason behind that deep understanding of yours?"

"I mean, it's supposed to be meaningful." She said. "But, nowadays, it's very overrated. That's also the reason why I haven't said those words to you yet. I want the first to be special. To make it unforgettable for us."

"Baby." I said before hugging her tightly. "Even if we haven't said those words yet, I hope you know.. I hope you know that my feelings for you is much more than what I anticipated when I started liking you." I told her and kissed her cheeks. "I fell really hard."

"Me too." She said and gave me a peck on my lips. 

"You make me do things I don't usually do." I told her. "But it's not in a bad way. Don't get me wrong."

She chuckled. "Like?"

"I'm not actually the person who likes being clingy with my partner, you know. I love cuddles but not so much. I'm more like a chat person." I told her. "It's like tell me about your day and I could listen to you up until morning."

She once again chuckled and didn't respond. She just embraced me and put her head on my neck. 

"But with you, I love being clingy. We can have small talks and deep talks all day and even cuddle on bed and I won't even complain even if we're very clingy and cuddly." I said. "Endearments are not my thing also. But with you, it makes me feel a lot special."

"Because you're my baby." She said and I felt her smile on my neck. 

I giggled and let go of the hug to kiss her forehead. 

"Let's go home?" She said.

"Yes." I said and smiled. 

The word home for me goes by the presence of Yeji. She is my home. And I don't ever want to lose or be far away from my home.