Chapter 25

RYUJIN

The buzz of phone calls woke me awake even though it was early in the morning.

I read the caller ID and it was Chaeryeong. So I reached my phone from the table beside my bed to answer it.

"What?" I was still half asleep when I answered it.

"Happy 28th birthday, oldie!" She greeted. "What's the plans for today?"

Right.

It's my birthday today.

It was then that I noticed Yeji was no longer by my side. Perhaps she left for work early.

"Thanks." I said. I was on leave for today since supposedly, Yeji and I have plans.

"You just woke up?"

"Yup." I answered and tried my best to get up. "I have a date later."

"Oh, with Yeji?"

"Who else?" I laughed. "Of course, with Yeji."

"Okay, let's hang out on the weekend then. Your treat since it's your birthday."

I giggled. "Okay, sure."

"Lia's here already. Gotta go! Enjoy your birthday and your date later."

After our phone call, I got up from my bed and went outside of my room. Only to see nothing else in the living room but a note.

Happy birthday, baby! I had to go to work today :( I prepared breakfast for you. Can't wait to see you 🖤 Oh! Eat dinner already. The date I planned don't include meals, sorry :/

I smiled with the sweet note made by Yeji.

After a few minutes, I received a text from her.

Yeji

R u awake now?

Text me when you are

Ryujin

Good morning

Just woke up, baby

Yeji

I'll call

Ryujin

Sure

-

Yeji immediately called after I sent the last text message.

"Happy birthday, baby!" She exclaimed. "We are of the same age now."

"You'll turn 29 next month, though." I giggled. "Thanks, baby." I continued. "But I woke up and my light fury wasn't beside me anymore."

"Your light fury had to go to work." She chuckled. "Let's see each other at 7 pm later at the lobby of the apartment?"

"Sure." I said with an excited voice. "Is this a date, Ms. Hwang?"

"Yes, Ms. Shin." She replied. "I planned everything so just trust me."

"I should probably prepare myself then." I told her.

"But please don't expect something exaggerated, okay. It's my first time preparing a date." She said and I felt the anxiousness on her voice. It made me chuckle.

"Anywhere with you is something I consider a best date." I told her.

"Silly." She responded. "I need to go now and attend meeting."

"Okay. See you later, Yeji."

"See you later!"

Our endearment isn't always used. When we call one another, we still use our first names occasionally. It didn't turn out to be an issue. Maybe it's because we're used to calling each other by our first names.