Chapter 03

RYUJIN

"What time are we going?" I asked Yeji.

We're currently on the living room, drinking coffee together that was made by me after we ate our lunch.

It's nearly 3 pm and yeah, we ate lunch pretty much late already.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" She asked back.

"Yeah, but it's fine." I told her. "I don't have to go to work early for tomorrow, Miss Yoon informed me."

"Hmm, let's just go have dinner outside? We don't have to go to the karaoke bar." She giggled. But I felt some disappointment from her voice.

"No, let's go to the karaoke bar. We already planned it last night." I smiled at her before taking another sip from my hot coffee.

"You might be late if we got home late later."

"It's fine. I just need to wake up early. Besides, going to work at 10 am tomorrow is fine for me. I'm good. All good. So we don't have to cancel anything."

Well, I don't really want to cancel it. Aside from enjoying night out, I also want to spend time with Yeji. You know, to get closer to her. 

Not because we're living together, but because I want to be friends with her. Yeah.

"That's very nice then." She said and smiled. "Are you up for dinner outside too?"

"Yup." I answered. "Not really in the mood to cook later."

"Same with me." She said and we both laughed.

"You? You don't have work tomorrow?" I asked her.

"I go to work on afternoons."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It actually depends. But for tomorrow, I'll go at the afternoon."

"Wish I had your schedule too." I told her, giving some hint of jealousy with her schedule.

"A nice schedule with a shitty and busy work you say."

"Okay, I'll take back what I said." I said and she laughed.

"Let's leave at maybe 5 pm? If it's fine with you. So we can have dinner early and go to the karaoke bar after."

"Fine with me." I said. "Do you drink? Are we going to drink?"

"I actually want to drink." She said. 

"If we're going to drink, neither of us can't drive."

"Hmm, yeah?" Yeji responded. "But, there's a karaoke bar near the apartment. Let's just go there. After dinner, park your car at the apartment then we'll walk going to the bar."

"Okay, so I'll drive?"

"I don't drive, Ryujin." She rolled her eyes. Right, she don't drive.

"I can teach you when we're both free."

"Really?" She suddenly turned to face me, and I could tell she felt excited.

I smiled at her. "Yeah," I replied. "You have to pay me though."

"I knew it." She rolled her eyes once again. "I'll cook for you if you want."

"I can cook too though."

"I hate you."

I giggled. "Eager to have driving lessons with me? Don't you have a license already?"

Yeji once mentioned that she don't drive but she have license. She got her driver's license when she was 20 years old.

"I have. But it's been 8 years. Didn't even had a chance to sit on the driver's seat after getting that damn license."

"I guess you're built different." I told her. "I'll teach you when we're both free. I'll think about a way you can pay me."

"Cash payment or what..?"

"That's up to me, of course. Let me think about it first." I said and chuckled.

"I hate you."

"You already said that earlier."

"Yeah, I'm repeating it."

"Okay then I don't hate you." I said, sipping from my coffee.

"So you like me, Ryujin?" Yeji blurted out, teasingly staring at me. 

Well, I can say that we're not awkward anymore. 

"You love to assume things, don't you?" I played along.

She once again rolled her eyes. "I really hate you." 

I just chuckled as response. 

"Anyway, I'll just take a bath." She said and got up from her seat. 

"Okay. I'll use the bathroom after you." I told her. 

After I finished drinking coffee when Yeji left me at the living room, I went to my room to prepare the clothes I'm going to wear. 

When I go out, I prefer to dress casually. So I opened my closet and pulled out a pair of ripped jeans and an oversized polo shirt. 

Suddenly, I heard a ring from my phone. A text message. 

And it showed a name, 'Yeji'. 

--

Yeji

I'm done using the bathroom.

Ryujin

You really had to text me? Haha

Yeji

Too lazy to knock

Ryujin

Hahaha okay

--

This girl and her unpredictable silliness.

I went to the bathroom to take a warm bath after some time had passed. 

Few minutes after, I dried my hair with the bathroom blower. I'm not really the type of person to take a bath for too long. I usually take 10-15 minutes only. 

On the other hand, I noticed Yeji spends 30-40 minutes in the bathroom.

While walking to my room wearing my bathrobe, I realized that Yeji was still not in the living room. She can be the type of person to have a long list of things to do before getting ready.

Well, it's fine for me. 

When I entered my room, I immediately changed using the clothes I prepared earlier and also used my usual perfume.

Preparing doesn't really requires a long time for me. So when I finished my routine, I went outside and saw Yeji already waiting for me, sitting on the living room.

She's also wearing ripped jeans. It's paired with a black crop top.

Wow.

She looks so beautiful.