Chapter 45

YEJI

I look like shit.

I woke up with the comforter around my body on my room. Last night was a whole mess. Especially the part where I confronted Ryujin with what I feel. 

Did I regret it? Maybe.

I was afraid of showing her my vulnerable side yet I did last night. 

I don't remember anything from last night after my conversation with Ryujin. Maybe because I was too drunk. Am I? Looks like I passed out.

A phone call from my phone surprised me but I answered it nonetheless.

"Hello?"

"Are you going to work?" It's Woohyun. "Should I go pick you up?"

"I'm not going to work." I answered. I wasn't feeling well and the headache I'm feeling feels like hell. 

"Are you okay? Should I go there?"

Sometimes, when he acts like this, I don't feel so comfortable. I know he cares but, yeah. Even though I made it clear to him since the very beginning, sometimes, just sometimes, I feel like he's being too much into courting and acting like we're in a relationship. I just don't know if it's right to feel this because he's not doing anything wrong? But, still, after trying and going on a few dates with him in the start, I already made it clear that I cannot offer anything other than being friends. 

"Nope. No need, Woohyun. I'm fine." 

"Call me when you need something."

I didn't really had the energy to talk so we ended our call after some more words exchanged. 

I stayed in bed for a while until I received a text from Lia. 

Lia

Are you awake?

You passed out last night and Ryujin brought you home

Is she still there?

Yeji

I'm awake

What do you mean?

Lia

Sorry. She insisted on taking you home

-

I got up from my bed and peek outside from the door of my room. 

And there I saw Ryujin in the couch, sleeping. There was a book on her lap, looks like she was reading it while waiting for me to wake up.

I closed the door for a while since what's happening was not sinking in on my mind. She's here in my place. 

In our place? I don't know what to call it but it's not important. How do I show her myself after last night? Fuck. After the confrontation-

Wait. 

Fuck. Wait. 

As I look blankly in front of me, I gradually recall the events of the previous night.

From the moment she carried me on her back. 

From the moment I told her to stay. 

From the moment I told her I love her. 

From the moment.. I initiated the kiss. And the way she responded. 

Everything.

Dumb. 

I want to shout. Fuck. 

How do I even get out of my room when she's there outside?

Should I act like nothing happen?