Chapter 09

RYUJIN

Weeks had passed since we talked about what happened that night. 

And I don't know why. 

I don't know why it still feels like an unanswered issue to me. 

Fuck my memory when I'm drunk. I'll consider it as my toxic trait since every time I'm drunk, either I can remember some or I can't remember everything. 

But it wasn't the case for Yeji.

I didn't even got to asked what does she mean with ex lover's issue. Did I mention my ex to her when we were kissing? No, right? No.

The next days seems normal to her. We still eat together, spend time together in the living room, have friendly talks, and laugh as if that night never happened. We even go to work together.

But then again, I don't want to make anything between us awkward. So even if it still bothers me, I didn't opened that topic again. 

"Hey." She called and approached me in the living room. "Are you free today?"

"Today? I think so." I answered. 

"I've been wanting to try the new pizza restaurant near our place."

I hummed, waiting for her to continue. 

"If you don't mind, we can perhaps try it together." She said. 

"Okay." I said. "Lunch then?"

"Yep. I'll change clothes now." She replied to me. 

"Okay. Me too."

Yeji and I became close eventually because of living together I can say. Even though what happened that night remained unanswered to me, it didn't hinder us to be close. 

Well, we live together. Who else I'll talk to here?

We mostly talk about the random things and information about ourselves that we share with each other. 

Funny. 

We didn't talk much about work, despite the fact that we both work in the same place. When we ask each other 'how's work?', it usually goes by with the answer 'tiring'. 

When I got inside of my room to change my clothes, I just pulled a comfortable trousers and a top that can be paired with it. I prefer to dress in clothes that are as comfy as possible. And how I make a stylish look with it will be totally up to me.

"Let's go." Yeji said when I got out of my room.

"Changing your lifestyle for the better?" I asked her.

"Huh?"

"Your preparing time didn't took a while, I mean."

"Want me to take an hour?" She glared. 

"No, I prefer this." I laughed. "Let's go."

And after a few more bickering and teasing, we already went outside of our place.

"Let's just walk." Yeji suggested when we entered the elevator. "It's just 5 minutes away if we walk."

"Okay." I replied. 

"When are you going to teach mo to drive anyway?" She asked. 

"Tomorrow? Are you free?" I told her. 

"Okay." She replied. "I'll pay for our meal today for my first payment."

"You don't have to."

"I want to." She insisted.

"How about this?" I asked. "Let's make that payment a coupon. I'll tell you when I'll use it."

"Okay. Sounds nice." She said. "But, let me still pay our meal for today since I was the one who asked you to come with me."

"Okay." I told her. "I'll just pay for our drinks after. We can drop by a coffee shop or what."

"Dan's cafe."

"Dan's cafe."

We both said in sync that made us laugh. 

The elevator then opened and we got outside of the apartment building. 

We were continuously going straight until Yeji stopped. "Let's make a right here." 

"Are you sure you know the way?" I asked her. "We should've just used my car." I said.

"The map application says it here it's 5 minutes away."

"We're walking for like 10 minutes already. The map application must be a speed runner." I told her.

"There!" She excitedly pointed the restaurant and pulled my hand to run and drag me.

We didn't even noticed we were still holding each other's hands until we arrived the restaurant if the waiter would not speak. "Table for?"

"Sorry." Yeji said.

"Table for two please." I told the waiter.

"For a minute, ma'am." The waiter replied. "You can browse through our menu first, ma'am while waiting."

"Okay."

I was quietly browsing through the restaurant's menu until I noticed Yeji, who was standing next to me, was taken by surprise with the man she just saw in the restaurant.

"Dad." She finally spoke.

==

please vote and comment!! it means a lot to me <3 

double update since the last chapter was just a short one ^^