Chapter 04

RYUJIN

"Hey." Yeji called. "You were spacing out."

I'm once again lost with my own thoughts.

And who's fault?

Yeji.

"Sorry." I said. "Let's go?"

"Yup." She replied, stood up and went near to our apartment's door where the shoes are located.

We both wear something comfortable, specifically white shoes.

"I just noticed. You have a lot of shoes." She mumbled.

"Yeah. I honestly love to collect shoes that can be paired to my casual attires."

"So many sneakers." She mumbled. "Not comfortable wearing heels?"

"Hmm, not that I'm not comfortable. I just prefer sneakers over it. You?" I asked.

As we were preparing to leave our place, Yeji led the way in front of me after we're done putting on our shoes.

"Depends on my mood. I love wearing sneakers too. But heels are fine and nice too."

"Well, we all have different taste."

"Yeah." She answered and pressed the down button when we're already in front of the elevator.

The elevator ride was quiet but not awkward.

I guess we're already done with that phase.

Hoping it won't come back.

When we got out of the elevator, I instantly led the way since we'll be using my car.

After passing through so many cars at the parking lot, I've finally found mine.

"Wow, mercedes benz." Yeji teasingly said.

"Hop in." I said and unlocked the door for her.

"Thank you."

After closing the door of the passenger's seat, I instantly went inside as well sitting on the driver's seat.

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked her.

"Let's just eat somewhere near." She replied.

"Okay." I answered and started the car. "Are you okay with fast food restaurant only?"

"Sure." She replied. "We don't have to eat somewhere expensive, Ryujin."

"Right." I said. "Hmm, then is it okay for you to eat at the cafe shop near here? They have foods for dinner there, I think."

"Okay, let's go."

"You can connect your phone on my car if you want to play music."

"Let's just use your playlist." She said. "If you don't mind."

Well, I actually mind it when someone uses my phone. Not that I have something to hide, it just bothers me.

But, if she's just going to use the spotify app, then it's fine.

While driving, I gave Yeji my phone.

Then I thought of something.

"Do you know my birthday?" I asked.

"You haven't mentioned it, so no."

"That's the passcode."

"So, when?"

"You guess." I playfully said.

"The hell?" She blurted out. "There are 365 or 366 days in a year. God, Ryujin. How am I going to guess it? I'll just connect my phone to your car."

"You already accepted the phone so you should guess it. Come on."

"Fine." She said with a pissed expression. "Atleast give me a clue. Like zodiac sign or what?"

"Aries."

"Aries?" She looked at me.

"Yeah." I answered and gave her a glance since I can't look at her with full attention since I'm driving.

"Nothing. They say when you're an aries, you're hard to deal with."

I laughed. "Where did you get that info?"

"Internet."

"Kinda true, won't deny."

"I actually mean in relationships." She responded.

"I don't know. I haven't tried having a relationship with myself nor with a person with aries as their zodiac sign." I sarcastically replied to her and she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, I'll guess your birthday." She said. "Until it shows iphone disabled."

I was shocked that I just blurted out my birthday to her. "April 17."

"Got you there."

"Maybe, I hate you."

"You don't." She playfully said. "Don't worry, I'll only use spotify."

"Okay." I told her.

"I like your taste in music." She said, scrolling down through my playlist.

After checking my playlist, she decided to play 'Outside' by Fiji Blue.

"That's one of my favorites." I told her.

"Me too."

My playlist was playing while we're both quiet.

Comfortable silence.

A few minutes later, we arrived at Dan's cafe. That's the name of the coffee shop. Luckily, it's only 20 minutes away from our place.

When we entered the place, we instantly ordered food, and also coffee since we both love coffees.

"Love the fact that we're both coffee lover." Yeji said when the lady finally excused herself, after taking our order.

I chuckled as response. "Right."

"It's my first time."

"Here?" I asked. "It's nice here. You should come often."

"No, I mean, first time hanging out with a friend at a coffee shop."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. I prefer going alone when it comes to coffee shops."

"Should I leave then?"

"Hmm, no. Stay."

I only chuckled as response.