Chapter 27

RYUJIN

We were lying face to face on my bed, and the room was deafeningly quiet. Neither of us wanting to speak. Just staring at each other's face.

So I mustered up the courage to speak. 

"Are you still mad?"

"I'm not mad, Ryujin." Yeji replied. "I don't know. I wanted to celebrate this day with you. I was mad at myself that I couldn't be with you. And.. I don't know. I didn't like the idea you being with her during your birthday when it's supposed to be us that will celebrate it together. Just.. maybe.. jealous.." She admitted. Though her voice seems smaller and felt like a whisper when she said the last words. "I can't help it. Sorry.."

I giggled. "It's valid."

"Are you really not mad at me because we had to cancel our plans?" She asked.

"No." I smiled at her. "But, I expected so, it kinda hurt, honestly."

"I'm sorry." 

I put my hands on her cheeks and gently caressed with my thumb. "It's not a big deal. We can celebrate it together when we're both free, okay?" I said and she nodded.

Yeji leaned in close and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you." Yeji uttered. "For holding my hand and wanting to talk things out before we sleep."

I smiled and pulled her closer. "Thank you also for being honest with what you feel."

"Let's be honest to each other, okay?" She asked.

I wanted to say yes.

But I know for myself that I was hiding something from her. Which was the talk with her dad.

But I wanted to say something to give her the assurance.

"If things are hard, you'll be the first one to know." I replied.

"Me too, baby."

As we cuddled on my bed, I kissed her on her forehead. She later glanced up at my face and gestured for me to kiss her lips.

I chuckled with her cuteness, but of course, I did what she requested. 

Our first kiss coming off as gentle and soft. 

Followed by so many pecks to catch our breathe from a long and soft kiss with smiles slowly forming on our lips.

Yeji stopped for a while and looked at me in the eyes.

"Happy birthday, baby." She said and gave me the warmest smile. "Let's spend more of your birthdays together until we grow old."

"We'll do that, baby." I replied. "And your birthdays too."

And once again, Yeji cupped my face for another kiss. 

A kiss with a lot more passion and desperation. We've kissed a lot, yet the sensation she gives me is always the same or even better.

A few more kisses and playing with each other's lips and we found ourselves removing each other's clothes.

It's the way things are intense, yet passionate. That's what I feel when we do it. 

Sex is great but doing it with the person you love is much more special. 

A great way to end my birthday, indeed.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Do you really need to go?" I asked Yeji while we're in a back hug position at the living room with my chin on her shoulders. 

She giggled. "I'll come back later. Just kinda late, baby."

"We usually spend our weekends together, I'll be lonely for today." I said in a sulky way. 

I only show this side for Yeji. 

Never thought I'll be doing it actually. Not really the type of person to act cute in any way. 

"I thought you're going out with Chaeryeong today?" 

"Yes, but I'll still miss you." I replied. "I'm going to be a third wheel today since Lia's with her."

"As much as I want to go, I want to spend time with my family too, baby." She said and gently caressed my face while we're still in a back hug position. "It's the first time we'll bond as three. Mom, dad, and me."

Family. 

I suddenly remembered her dad. 

Nothing's really up these days that's why it doesn't concern me much like before when we talked for the first time. 

And I still can't find the right timing to tell Yeji. 

She's slowly loving the concept of family. 

That's why it's getting harder for me. It was still her father that she's looking up to these days. 

I didn't reply because I was lost with my own thoughts so Yeji once again spoke. 

"I'm wondering.."

"Hmm?"

"When should I introduce you to them?"

I was taken aback when I abruptly pulled away from our shared hug.

"What?"

"Why?" She was confused. "Are you not a fan of introducing to family tradition?"

"No.. it's not like that." I managed to utter. "I was.. I was just shocked by the idea."

"I should introduce you to them soon, baby." She said. "Is it okay with you?"

I want it to happen. The normal situation where you introduce your lover to your partner and such. 

But with the conversation with her dad, I was scared. 

"Let's take things slow, maybe?" I chose to answer with the safest one. 

As much as I want to say it right now at this moment, I can't. 

I just.. can't. 

It's so hard. 

She pulled me in for a hug.

"Okay." Yeji replied. "Let's take our time."

How I wish everything was normal.