Chapter 14

RYUJIN

"You're joking." I spoke to lighten the mood. Still confused with the sudden confession.

"Do I look like I am?" She asked.

"You're not?" I asked. "I mean I like you too, you know. We're good friends and we're maintaining a good relationship living together too."

"Ryujin." She chuckled. "That's not what I meant and you know it."

I was so taken aback that I can't say anything right now.

"The night we kissed. I just want to clarify something." Yeji suddenly opened the topic. "Do you still have feelings for your ex?"

"Ex?" I asked. "What's the connection of my ex to our kiss? To answer, no. It's been two years since we broke up."

"Jimin? Is that the name?" She asked. "She called that night when we were.. about to do it.. so I actually answered it. After I took the call, you eventually fell asleep. Sorry, I wasn't able to say this to you."

"What?"

"She just called and when I answered it, it's like hearing a confession at a church while I'm the priest." Yeji said.

"What do you mean?"

"She said she had a fight with her boyfriend and that she misses you and the way both of you deal with problems before when you're still in a relationship. Until I spoke and she heard my voice. She must've assumed I was your girlfriend and panicked. She told me not to tell you as much as possible." She explained. "Did you not go through your recent calls that morning? I was surprised you did not ask."

I don't actually go through my notifications unless it's for work.

"Wait- uh." I said. Still processing everything.

I don't know what should I process first.

The fact that she likes me or that she talked to my ex or what.

"So about the kiss." She suddenly started. "Should I apologize? Or not?"

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"Do you really not know what I mean?" She asked. "We're both reaching 30s. I don't want a push and pull kind of set up. Just tell me directly."

"I-"

"But I'll give you time if you want." She said. "Or maybe I'm just afraid of rejection." She chuckled.

"I mean- how? Why? I just- I just don't believe it." I honestly told her. I can't even look at her in the eyes.

"When someone likes us, does it really have to be paired with the question why?" She chuckled. "I like you. I feel like I can say a million of reasons why but it's actually not the case. It's just my emotions that's been on my heart that I can't express."

"Yeji.."

"A week, Ryujin." She said. "I must prepare myself too, you know. I'm a human."

I was still in awe and did not even had the chance to speak.

"I should go to bed." She uttered. "You really did well earlier, Ryujin. Sleep tight." She said. "You know what to do about the food after you finished eating."

She already stood up and was about to open the door of her room until she spoke again.

"Oh, and you don't have to worry about tomorrow." She paused. "Let's pretend this didn't happen until we're both ready to talk about it again."