Chapter 40

YEJI

"It's my day off, Lia." I said while preparing my breakfast. It's been a week since Ryujin showed up and we haven't talk since then.

She didn't text me and I didn't text her as well. 

I mean, I didn't have the courage to text her. As for her, I didn't change my number though. 

I'm also staying at my apartment for a week now. It wasn't an issue for my parents anyway. 

"That's why you should come with us and not just stay in your place." 

"I have plans." I said. "Woohyun and I made plans for today since it's also his day off."

"Oh." I felt the disappointment in her voice. Lia was always supportive of me but with Woohyun, she's very transparent of showing her not-so supportive side. "I thought you're not dating him?"

"We'll just hang out. If you want, we can go to the bar you're saying after our plans."

"Sounds nice!" She exclaimed. 

"Is it okay if I bring him with me?"

"It's supposed to be a girls night but, okay. Do I even have a choice? I'm with Chaeryeong too." Lia said. 

"Lia." 

"Okay." 

I continued doing what I was doing after our phone call ended. Woohyun was usually on time when he picks me up, and he's not the type of person who waits for the other, so I try to be quick as much as possible. Though he says to be fine with waiting, he doesn't appear to be that way based on his actions.

It's not really an issue. It's okay to adjust for me. 

The day went pretty well like what we've planned, we went to restaurant that he likes and had lunch. 

If Ryujin, whom I used to date prefers simple dates, Woohyun was different. He enjoys going on expensive dates. He wants to take me to high-end restaurants and buy me expensive stuff. Despite my best efforts to persuade him otherwise, he insists on giving it to me, claiming that it is just because he wants to thank me for being by his side.

I also mentioned Ryujin to Woohyun that she's back and I saw her. I didn't told him all the details but I said we had already seen each other. He didn't say much and it didn't seem like a huge deal to him. He just asked if we had already talked about us, and I said that I was not yet ready for that conversation. When I told him about it, it wasn't awkward. It's not like it was a sensitive topic to begin with. After all, he knows what Ryujin and I had and how much I cherish it, even if he's courting me.

"Is this way right?" He asked while driving. We're on our way to the bar where Lia invited me. 

"Yes. Another right and we're there." I said. 

"Is she there?"

"Who?"

"Ryujin." He mumbled and take a glance on my direction beside him. 

"I don't think so. I don't know if she already met Chaeryeong and Lia."

He just nodded.

We walked into the bar and instantly spotted Chaeryeong and Lia, who had already been drinking before we arrived.

"Hey." I greeted Lia to get her attention since she didn't notice us arriving. 

"Hey." She greeted and kissed my cheek. Not exactly a kiss with lips, but a cheek-to-cheek kiss as a greeting. "Hi, Woohyun." 

"Hello." Woohyun greeted Lia and Chaeryeong. 

"If you want some other drinks other than this," She said pointing the drinks on the table. "Just tell the bartender."