Chapter 05

RYUJIN

"You're pretty bold with your remarks, aren't you?" I told Yeji, apparently ignoring the fact that our dinner had already arrived.

"Let's eat." Yeji stated. 

I ordered roasted beef, while she went with chicken. We have quite different tastes. But I'm glad we're slowly getting closer each other even though we're different and it's just been two days since we met.

"The ambience here is great, I like it." She suddenly said while we're eating. 

"Yeah. One of my favorite coffee shops."

"You come here often?"

"Yes. With my friend." I answered. "Or sometimes, alone. I used to come here every morning when I didn't have a car yet since I always took the first bus going to the city. The distance between the company and this location is only ten minutes so yeah."

"Where are you from?" She asked. "If you don't mind me asking."

"Gangwon Province." I answered. "It's an hours away from Seoul I think. That's why I decided to just rent an apartment."

She just nodded her head and hummed in response to my answer to her.

"You? You really live in the city or..?" I asked her. 

"I live in the city." She simply answered. "I just wanted to live far away from my parents that's why." She laughed. But I noticed some uneasiness? Yeah. If my hunch is right. 

So I didn't tried to ask further about that matter.

"How long have you been living in the apartment since I entered the picture?" 

"Hmm, I think a month." She said before putting an entire spoonful of food in her mouth. 

"Do you prefer living alone?" I asked. "You know, privacy."

"Not much." She mumbled. "It's kinda nice having someone at home too."

"Really?" I asked and gave her a teasing smile. "You just got to know me two days ago though."

"How sure are you?" She suddenly asked back.

"It's my first time seeing you."

"Not for me, Ryujin."

"What?" I was surprised. "You even asked me where do I work when we first met. And you said we haven't met. Stop messing around."

"I only asked to make sure. And yeah, we haven't met.. personally. That doesn't mean I haven't seen you before." 

"So where and when did you see me?"

"Will you teach me how to drive for free when I tell you?"

That got me thinking so I didn't answer for a second. "Fine."

"Okay, then I'll tell you the information you want when I already know how to drive."

"I hate you."

She just laughed at me. 

After a few more short conversations and taking turns with questions we didn't know about each other, we didn't notice that we had already finished our meal.

"Let's go?" I asked after we had finished our meal. Our meal was paid by me, and our drinks were paid by Yeji. She originally insisted that she would pay for everything since she was the one who wanted to go out, but I declined.

Yeji was still fixing her things and checking to see if we had forgotten anything before humming as response to me. 

We entered my car as soon as we got out, and I immediately started the engine.