Chapter 52

RYUJIN

Waking up from the sunlight on our window, I noticed that I wasn't wearing anything and that Yeji was beside me. Her head was on my chest while my hands were wrapped around her shoulders. 

With my single movement, she slightly hummed. Maybe she's awake. 

"Baby?" Yeji called with a small and hoarse voice. 

I giggled. Oh, how I love to spend my mornings like this. I kissed her forehead and pulled her more closer to me, making sure there wasn't any distance between our bodies. "Good morning, baby."

Yeji slowly opened her eyes and faced me. "Good morning." She said and smiled. "Let's stay like this for a while."

I giggled with her response and held her head towards my chest. "Okay."

Our cuddling time was then disturbed by my phone. Someone was calling.

"Who calls early on this morning?" Yeji asked, irritated but allowed me to move my hand to reach my phone. 

When I finally got my phone in my hand, I was so taken aback by the caller ID that I instantly stood up.

It was Yeji's dad. 

"Why?" Yeji asked and got up as well. We're both sitting on her bed with the comforter covering our chest. She looked at the caller ID and I saw how her reaction changed as well. 

"Should I answer?" I asked her. 

"He must've called because my phone is turned off." Yeji uttered. I thought she's going to be bothered by it a lot but she wrapped my hands around her and pulled me again in her bed to return our earlier postion with. "If you're going to answer it, put it on speaker."

"Are you sure?"

She looked at me and poke my nose. "We're in this together, right? So, it doesn't matter anymore. As long as you're here. I'm just.. kinda worried he might hurt you with his words."

"I'm used to his words."

After our small talk, I answered Mr. Hwang's call. 

"Hello?"

"Bring my daughter here, Ryujin." He was angry. I felt it in his voice. "If you don't want me to go to your place, bring her here."

"Isn't she the one who makes that decision, sir?" I asked with a firm voice. "Your daughter is not yours nor mine. Whether she's here with me or not, it's her own decision. It's her life, stop making it miserable."

"You're the one making it miserable for her!" Her dad shouted. Although I'm so used to his words like this, it still hurt but I didn't want to show it to Yeji. "Ever since you came, she doesn't follow us anymore! You make her break the rules. You're bad for her!"

I laughed sarcastically while Yeji was just listening to our conversation. Actually, she's nuzzling on my neck so I don't know if she's paying much attention. "Sorry sir, but your daughter is an adult. When we met, we were both reaching our 30s already. She's not a kid, she can decide for herself. Besides," I paused. "Your daughter is older than me." I said and Yeji suddenly bite my neck. 

"So you're saying it's her fault? What do you think Yeji will say if she hears this?" He laughed. Damn, this man thought he's winning now?

"No," I said.

In fact, your daughter is busy nuzzling and kissing my neck so I don't really know if she cares. If only I could say that. 

"Bring my daughter here. Or I'll go to your place, you thought I don't know the apartment you're living in with her?"