Chapter 47

YEJI

I saw how cautious she was with me when we got to the living room after our shared hug. I felt her nervousness, as if she wasn't quite ready for us to talk.

"If you don't want to explain now, it's okay, but I'll stay here." I said. "I already knew some details, which I'll save for now since I'd like you to be the one explaining."

She was surprised with my statement.

"You already knew?"

"Just a bit. Not really your side of story, Ryujin."

And what's more important to me? Of course, it's her side of story. 

I've come to know some details because of Woohyun. 

-2 hours ago-

I'm here waiting for a taxi to pass by because Lia was fetched by her girlfriend, Chaeryeong. They said they have a date so I didn't ask for them to drop me off at my house.

But then a familiar car stopped in front of me and opened the window.

"Woohyun?"

"Hop in," He instructed. "We need to talk."

I followed his instruction and went inside. "

Have you seen the news?" He asked. 

"What news?"

"Check your phone."

I immediately checked my phone and I had to turn on the do not disturb mode because of the messages I'm receiving. 

So I opened the safari application and I was surprised to found some articles about Woohyun and I getting married soon.

"What the hell is this?" I hissed. "We're not even together, Woohyun. What the fuck?"

It even contain some statements from us saying that we're in love and all. It says that we're in a relationship for a while now which is a whole bullshit because we're not. 

And with that bullshit article, all I could ever think of is her. 

Ryujin. 

She might get the wrong idea.

"Calm down, okay?" He said. 

"How do I fucking calm down when the media says I'm getting married, the fuck?" I was angry. "You knew this?"

He didn't respond. 

"Answer me."

He parked the car at the parking lot of my apartment. The one I used to live with Ryujin. 

"I knew." He said. What he just said seems to mean a lot of things. "That's why I'm making it up to you. I really thought I had a chance-"

"What do you mean you knew? Am I the only one who's lost here?" I was pissed with him with the information. "I already told you a lot of times, Woohyun. We can't be more than friends. I still-"

"I know. I know. That's why I'm doing this. This is my way of apologizing."

"For what?"

"For the past two years I was quiet."

"What two years? I don't understand a thing." I was confused with his words. Does he know something about Ryujin? Why does it feels like he has something to do with it?

"It was your father, Yeji." He said. 

My dad? "What do you mean? Just go straight to the point, Woohyun. I need to go somewhere."